I Can Read

I Can Read Employee Reviews

Language and Leadership

Really good place to develop your managerial level from junior to senior and a good place to understand more about learning english (Linguistically)

Structure is good and all the resources are provided

I think it also depends on the centre culture. The friendly environment is very important. I am lucky to have very good team which works together. Everyone helps each other in their own capacity. I have felt welcome from day 1.

I thoroughly enjoyed my job with ICR. They have the materials for reading and primary level lessons and you simply teach! Pre-reading classes are more flexible but there is a structure to follow. Wonderful colleagues made the experience all the better.

Pros

Lessons are prepared by ICR

Cons

Need to work evenings and weekends

Review

It’s a flexible on which allows you to choose your schedule and the employees are very kind and friendly, when you’re unsure of anything they will teach you

Happy and Helpful work environment

A culture of helping others and working on our individual happiness. A company that has clear training and methods by which to operate. A very friendly and collaborative environment.

Pros

Mission: Happiest company in Hanoi

Cons

7 day work week

Good as a part-time job

This was a job I would recommend to those who wish to work with children. They have flexible hours and you get your own classes. There was little administrative work. It pays fairly well for a part time job and the students are awesome to teach. The training could be a little longer and they could have prepared you more for the job.

nơi làm việc môi trường trẻ trung

Tại I Can Read, tôi có thể trau dồi tiếng anh cũng như cách giảng bài cho các em học sinh. Trải nghiệm tại nơi đây rất thú vị cho tôi nhiều bài học đáng nhớ

the most enjoyable part is to see your kids leaving your class with a big smile on their faces.

If you love kids and have lots of energy to make them smile and have the creativity to do so then it is the perfect job for you. You get paid to have fun.

Pros

Fun loving environment and you get paid for it

Cons

Sacrifice tour weekend long hours of work

fun experience teaching kids

very hectic every day, but it was fun teaching the kids the management was not very good and the salary was very low. but it was a very good experience for me.

Great phonics system for early reading

Great system to teach phonics. The books are simplistic and easy to follow. Lesson plans are easy to create.

Pros

Friendly Students

Cons

Communication from management

Not Great

Power hungry country manager and academic manager in Vietnam, don't look after staff. They struggle to retain decent staff as they mess people around so much.

Good pay, poor management

Salaries are higher than average however teachers are given very little feedback by management. Overall happy with the experience however there is little room for career advancement.

Excellent place to work

English Teacher.... Marking work, Lesson Planning. Teaching phonics, reading, writing. maintaining a safe enviroment for children to learn. teaching kindergarten to 12 years old Teaching Phonics, Reading writing skills. Evaulating asssesing students.

Disappointing

This organisation has to provide better care for their staff and to prevent customers from taking full advantage and abusing their staff. The management is well known for making changes that directly affect the children's learning and will not take responsibility in explaining to the parents as to why changes have been made. Furthermore, they do not have rules/ regulations in place that protect the customer service staff from being verbally abused by the customers/parents. The company does not offer a reasonable pay scale for the tasks that have to be completed by the customer service staff, furthermore, they do not include the full spectrum of tasks in their listings when hiring people.

Pros

None.

Cons

No proper remuneration, verbal abuse from parents, are not upfront with their staff, allow customers to "shop" for their teachers.

Challenging workplace with awesome staff.

This job taught me how to be a more effective communicator as I was teaching English abroad. The students were Thai and the biggest challenge I faced was the language barrier. What I liked the most was how energetic and amazing the staff there was. Something I disliked was that the busiest days of work were the weekends.

Pros

Working abroad

Cons

Working weekends

Working Hard, Learning More

I have got many experiences in teaching English with phonics method. The staff and teachers here are kind-heart and friendly. We like to discuss some issues about our students in order to maintain our existence. The best part here is when the students are gradually improving at certain skill.

Pros

kinship

Cons

wishy-washy manager

Laid back

A good company with a good system, not too heavy of a teaching load and adequate compensation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at I Can Read. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits