IBM Employee Reviews

I love working with IBM because of the flexibily and worklife balance. The work loads are stressful, but with the teammate and managers makes all the work culture is fun and manageable.
Pros
Meal allowance RM20 for working over time
Excellent company to work with, fun environment, good leaders , team work, opportunity to learn more , I had gained in depth knowledge and experience in ibm.
Pros
activities
Cons
too much work
Very process driven/oriented, good control in place which keep the the huge organization run in place. My role used to have work life balance so that's a plus point. overall this the culture is good and i was happy to work there.
The project was Korean Airlines and the work culture is quite unique as it is 24/7. I learned on how to deal with customers more effectively and the hardest part of this job is rotational shift basis.
work life balance is there , but still depends on manager. as long you do not misuse the privilege the management has given to employee, you are good. Opportunities to grow.
Pros
work life balance, fair internal movement opportunities
Cons
few employee benefits has been cut down through years, but i guess its the same almost everywhere for cost saving. Some managers do micromanage.
-It depends on the account which you are supporting -Some account workload is really high -Some are quite relax -The busy the account you are supporting the more you learn -The colleague is supportive
I was hired by Manpower. It would have been better if I was given the opportunity to work direct with IBM. 3 years of remote support to Singapore Executives has helped me in my next career. If there was an opportunity to be hired directly, I would have stayed longer with IBM.
Productive and fun workplace, with friendly staff and good security. Supportive colleagues and managers. I would recommend others to join in the party!
Work Life Balance: Suitable for Mums" nevertheless if your direct manager is adaptive to the work and family balance. Friendly environment among work mates.
During my tenure in IBM with the workforce division, was a nightmare. Too much work load for one person to handle. The person in charge during then, had to be responsible for handling new hires, appointment letters, exit interviews, work with managers, both locally and overseas, placement advertisements, reporting. Filing and conducting background check. NO WORK LIFE BALANCE.
A good place for Career progression. Understanding management, caring people. It's all about family and caring in IBM. Good leadership between the leaders.
The culture was great with the MNC environment and you need to be great in handling stress. People were great and will be more awesome if they had change the team lead
* Stressful environment * I have learned to new troubleshooting knowledge, conversation skills, and anger management * Management is not approachable * There is no Work-life balance * The hardest part of the job is to convince the unsatisfied customers, but always managed to calm them and resolve their issue * A good and fun working colleagues. Enjoy resolving customer issues.
Pros
Cons
Short Break
My first job and I have nothing bad to say about the company. But like all competitive work place, change is never ending, hence the need to adapt very fast. You are expected to work independently and find ways and resources to perform your job roles.
Good Environment Different cultures and backgrounds Less facility compared to others Very competitive among colleagues Less carrier growth Good Salary
Its a fun and full of knowledgeable place to work. More on learning new process and more concentration on new projects. A lot of opportunity to learn new new ideas and technologies.
My favourite company to work in. I like the culture there-work life balance. A very good environment to work, a nice place. Very professional managers and Team Leaders. I wish I can work there again.
Even though working environment in IBM is hectic, it will be a good beginning for a fresh graduate. Things can be learned such as basic IT troubleshooting, Server access, network issue, installation and also perform multitask.
Enjoyed working with IBM and like the work culture, convenience to work from home, interacting with colleagues from other countries. Managers are well supportive and there is no differentiation between permanent and contract staff which is really good to see.
I learned so many things in IBM. How to managed stressful environment, multitasking and etc. How to handle irate customer, how fast you can collect the date over the phone and how to manage the interaction with the customer.
A very flexible Company and many new exciting things to learn. Work life balanced and are free to change role within IBM. There is room for continuous growth. But salary wise a little low compared to working outside.
  1. Employee Reviews