IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

Malaysia163 reviews

Found 163 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,814 reviews

Performance based company

A full performance based company. It’s possible to see your former boss become your staff. High performers are well compensated. Nice workstations, a lot of space tochill and take a breather and de stress.

good

not bad to learn, but dont expect fast promotion or big increment. learn to play politic might help you get promoted faster. being silent bring you nowhere

Nice

Nice to work here. I was working on a contract basis. Work from home when I worked there. I needed fast internet and they provided the laptop. Loved the team but there is no career advancement. Was laid off when I was told my contract will be extended. But then I was compensated for one month’s extra salary. So I’m fine.

Pros

Work from home, no jams

Cons

Long work hours, work on off days, work on odd hours

Great company for freshgads to gain experience

IBM offer great salary, and the benefit is average. Some role are project based, some are internal. For project based, it depends on the project’s management and client.

Flexible

Good colleagues and management. There is work life balance but possible to work during holidays and weekends when it is required especially during peak periods.

Great workplace

Overall is good MnC with high flexibility.Work from home culture.People are friendly. Yearly goodies bag and corporate rate available.Stable infrastructure.

Good supportive and always on the edge of technology company.

Good supportive and always on the edge of technology company. Global collaboration team. Updated with latest cloud technology and superb project management and delivery support methodology.

Very good. Very flexible as long as finish work. Everyone is kind. Colleagues and managers are like friends. Opportunity for existing employees rather than outside employees

Good company for long term

Very comfortable company to work with and the benefit is given is very amazing. Never feel down when I work here. Unfortunately due to the business downturn, IBM GDC Malaysia must close down and I'm one of it those affected. At least they give lumpsum of money for us

Pros

13th salary, medical for all family member

Cons

Company closedown

Fun working with IBM

Working at this company really make me feel so Good and also they Understanding what worker need,no much pressure from our bosses or team leader,and also they not being rasict to people,treat worker with kind heart

Fun workplace even the work loads are stressful

I love working with IBM because of the flexibily and worklife balance. The work loads are stressful, but with the teammate and managers makes all the work culture is fun and manageable.

Pros

Meal allowance RM20 for working over time

Productive and fun work place

Excellent company to work with, fun environment, good leaders , team work, opportunity to learn more , I had gained in depth knowledge and experience in ibm.

Pros

activities

Cons

too much work

Process Oriented

Very process driven/oriented, good control in place which keep the the huge organization run in place. My role used to have work life balance so that's a plus point. overall this the culture is good and i was happy to work there.

The company has been changed to Concentrix

The project was Korean Airlines and the work culture is quite unique as it is 24/7. I learned on how to deal with customers more effectively and the hardest part of this job is rotational shift basis.

Opportunities to grow

work life balance is there , but still depends on manager. as long you do not misuse the privilege the management has given to employee, you are good. Opportunities to grow.

Pros

work life balance, fair internal movement opportunities

Cons

few employee benefits has been cut down through years, but i guess its the same almost everywhere for cost saving. Some managers do micromanage.

High pace, stress workplace

-It depends on the account which you are supporting -Some account workload is really high -Some are quite relax -The busy the account you are supporting the more you learn -The colleague is supportive

Good Place to work

I was hired by Manpower. It would have been better if I was given the opportunity to work direct with IBM. 3 years of remote support to Singapore Executives has helped me in my next career. If there was an opportunity to be hired directly, I would have stayed longer with IBM.

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace, with friendly staff and good security. Supportive colleagues and managers. I would recommend others to join in the party!

Work Life Balance: Suitable for Mums

Work Life Balance: Suitable for Mums" nevertheless if your direct manager is adaptive to the work and family balance. Friendly environment among work mates.

Super stressful and no work life balance. Affects health badly

During my tenure in IBM with the workforce division, was a nightmare. Too much work load for one person to handle. The person in charge during then, had to be responsible for handling new hires, appointment letters, exit interviews, work with managers, both locally and overseas, placement advertisements, reporting. Filing and conducting background check. NO WORK LIFE BALANCE.

A good place for Career progression

A good place for Career progression. Understanding management, caring people. It's all about family and caring in IBM. Good leadership between the leaders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • IBM
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?