Here to help
Coronavirus update

IBM Employee Reviews in Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur23 reviews
During my tenure in IBM with the workforce division, was a nightmare. Too much work load for one person to handle. The person in charge during then, had to be responsible for handling new hires, appointment letters, exit interviews, work with managers, both locally and overseas, placement advertisements, reporting. Filing and conducting background check. NO WORK LIFE BALANCE.
Good experience in a technology firm. Opportunity to work on holistic solutions with real impact on organisations and society.
Unfortunately at that time, middle management was poor and short-sighted disconnected from reality. They don't seem to have a grasp of cost-focused clients in southeast Asia leading to many lost opportunities.

Best part of the job some colleagues, the structure and process (also the worst part of the job).
IBM is the best working environment I ever have in my working experienced, which very flexible working hour and you can work independent with goal set and report done as per timeline.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Flexible
Good work culture overall with supportive teams, but plagued with management problems, including budget cuts leading to increased workloads and minimal pay increments.
Pros
Meal claims
Cons
No OT claims and terrible healthcare
Good company with good culture. really enjoyed working with these people. Great team work, solution driven, great management style, professional spirit.
I worked with IBM Malaysia under Manpower Solution Agency, meaning I'm not an IBMer , but i do handle high rank executive of IBM which are located in Singapore.
My work is a Global Admin Administrator ,sort like Personal Assistant but my manager is not visible in my place we just chat , communicate thru email and by phone.

I do all the admin work for them from calendaring, travel booking hotel accommodation and their expenses as well , and some other related issue that is connected with work.

I do enjoy my work very much but there is a little growth in terms of stability since I'm a single mom and do need a stable work for me to able to support my son.

That is why i do still keep on trying to look for a good opportunity outside , for I know I can still be an asset to for other companies who will hire me in the future.
老板很好,工作环境很舒适,只是没有升迁机会,为了前进只能离开。
IBM是一间很系统化的公司,食物比较贵,地点虽然偏僻但是我还能接受。
Not a good place to work logn term .
WOrk life balance is good

Mangers don't know what is going on at ground level of the projects .

No employee benifts

Salaries are very low when compared to market.
Pros
work life balance is good
Cons
worst managers
IBM is a company where we as employee can develop our self and at same time we can learn to work in professional with high integrity.

This company also train their employee to able work in any working environment.
IBM finance dept offers rotation of jobs every 2 years which gave the opportunities to learn different things and have different exposures. The finance team is big and it's a fun working place.
Pros
flexible working arrangement
Cons
job advancement is limited
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
One needs to get comfortable with and understand the beaurocarcy and establish a network of internal supporters to succeed. As a multinational IT organization, there are abundant opportunities in all areas of Finance, Sales, Manufacturing, Service, etc. in over 100 countries.
Pros
Lots of opportunities worldwide.
Cons
Typical Fortune 500 multinational.
IBM Malaysia is great work place for those who want flexible working times such as working moms, but not a good place for employees who want to experience enthusiastic and extensive tasks. It's hard to develop your own ability in this place.
Pros
Flexible work environment (work from home)
Cons
Limited job position available
Every coworker that I work with are highly efficient. All problems and solutions be given within 24 hours. However, all the supervisors always supportive to their staff.
Pros
Flexi working hours and privilege to work from home
Cons
High stress working environment.
Its a challenging business department where the SLA needs to be achieved. I have a excellent manager who take cares of in terms of
Year end review
Pros
Healthy environment to work
Cons
No place to workout
IBM is is very good company. Typical day at work having support from the management and support from our team mates. Good sharing and work together. Hardest part of the job is very limited scope but it only depend on the project. Most enjoyable part is free time. Customer is very cool for us, so we didn't face any big escalations
Pros
Learn new technology
Cons
limited work.
A great company to work for; with great recognition due to the hard work that you will put into the organization. Fun and relax environment to work with.
Work is not so tough enough but work pressure is too high.
Management response is average and work life balance is also average.
I love IBM.
It has enough work challenges to keep you motivated but not too hard that you want to give up. Flexible to accommodate my family life and still pursue a career without biases. As always IBM encourages a learning culture that enables you to grow whether in your current field or other field of interest.
- Maintains healthy work life balance.
- Flexible hours to work.

- Supportive in terms of career growth.

- Great visibility across the Project/Department/Unit.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Too much process oriented.
An organization that take pride in Process compliance.
Numerous learning opportunities if he/she willing to ask and search, if not from people, from W3.

Performance / outcome driven organization.
Pros
Carries the IBM pride
Cons
Balance your life with the work
It was a challenging job, but I love it as it helps to improve and prepare me for the next level. I love my colleagues, the workplace and my job. I think communication is essential in this company. The hardest part of the job was coordinating with internal and external (customer) team at the same time in the short period of time especially there was a tender to respond. As long as I communicate with the right person across the organization, deadline should not be any issue.
Pros
the achievement feeling
Cons
Work life not balance, long working hours