Here to help

IBM Employee Reviews for Technical Support

Technical Support7 reviews
Malaysia7 reviews
Good company
I learned so many things in IBM. How to managed stressful environment, multitasking and etc. How to handle irate customer, how fast you can collect the date over the phone and how to manage the interaction with the customer.
Fun and cool workplace
It fun and normal as everything happens the way it should as expected. Everything basically is as expected nothing really stressful and the environment is friendly.
fun to work
very good company and management for career prospect. Weekly food compliments, events, vouchers. The workplace is comfortable even though your colleagues are from other countries. Harders part I would say that's how we are handling our stress and the most enjoyable part of the job its the same which is the people who work around.
Productive & fun working place
A fun working place with good leaders & a good change for carrier advancement. A good understanding of the products is needed in order to perform daily tasks.
Pros
Helpfull colleagues & leaders
Cons
24 hours rotations
Fun and joy
5 days per week.
Have to work on public holidays.

Rotational shift.

I have learned how to communicate with customer in good manner.

How to work under pressure and tackle frustrated clients.

Once a month will go team outing.
Pros
Team outing
Cons
Mediacal Benefits, Short Break, Other Allowances
Pleasant working with IBM
It is a pleasant working place with good culture cultivated within each employees. Even the work can be quite stressful but the IBM culture is very good implemented, where there is always space for work-life balance. A great job that I started with after I graduated.
Pros
Meal allowance when working overtime, Time off given for extra hours working
It industry
-specialized in billing and contract management
-learn how to manage time well. For example, complete preparing just in 3 days and must ensure all the terms and conditions are correct. Learn to be confident. For example, I must be confident on what I am doing and ensure every action that I took is to follow the process and without affect company's revenue and team's scorecard. In addition, I also learn how to liaise with internal co-workers and external business partners out of boundary since most of the time, I just communicate with internal co-workers from Taiwan country through Sametime and phone.

-the hardest part for my previous job is that during every month end and the last few days of every month, the volume of contract that signed back by sales team will be increased and it is far more 2 times volumes compared with usual. Then, I need to complete some of the contract just by spending 1-2 hours. By right, we have 3 days deadline to complete 1 contract. Because of the limitation of time, sometimes maybe there is some mistakes for the contract.

- the most enjoyable of this job is that it can give me satisfaction since I can achieve the target set by the whole organisation and can achieve 100% billing and contract management accuracy.
Pros
Free outing every quarter
Cons
long hours, no work life balance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?