Here to help
Coronavirus update

IBM Employee Reviews

Malaysia150 reviews
The company has been changed to Concentrix
The project was Korean Airlines and the work culture is quite unique as it is 24/7.
I learned on how to deal with customers more effectively and the hardest part of this job is rotational shift basis.
I worked with IBM Malaysia under Manpower Solution Agency, meaning I'm not an IBMer , but i do handle high rank executive of IBM which are located in Singapore.
My work is a Global Admin Administrator ,sort like Personal Assistant but my manager is not visible in my place we just chat , communicate thru email and by phone.

I do all the admin work for them from calendaring, travel booking hotel accommodation and their expenses as well , and some other related issue that is connected with work.

I do enjoy my work very much but there is a little growth in terms of stability since I'm a single mom and do need a stable work for me to able to support my son.

That is why i do still keep on trying to look for a good opportunity outside , for I know I can still be an asset to for other companies who will hire me in the future.
fun to work
very good company and management for career prospect. Weekly food compliments, events, vouchers. The workplace is comfortable even though your colleagues are from other countries. Harders part I would say that's how we are handling our stress and the most enjoyable part of the job its the same which is the people who work around.
Management is very poor as the local manager does not have good management skills and always keep favoritism. No way for new leadership to grow as the current manager does not allow new leadership to grow.
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Healthcare, Compensation, Management
Productive and a fun place
Good culture . High learning standards . People there do follow the actual process . Learn many new application . Learn more about the importance of communicaton . Email writing is a must .
Poor management
No work-life balance, poor management. No career path or training provided. Work long hours, Contract staff might not able to continue the next renewal.
Pros
Cons
Contract job
Good Place to work
Enjoyed work.
Felt like every employee is our family member

Training while working learning new things FIVE STARS

Management was professional and frendly.

Challenges.
Pros
Cons
Fine
Productive & fun working place
A fun working place with good leaders & a good change for carrier advancement. A good understanding of the products is needed in order to perform daily tasks.
Pros
Helpfull colleagues & leaders
Cons
24 hours rotations
A good place to work at
IBM is a very good place to work at. Location of the office is in Cyberjaya, and since my job was in the night shift, the place is quiet peaceful to be around at.
Cons
night shift
It used to be excellent
Many things have changed in Big Blue, not for the better.
Its no longer an exceptional MNC to work with. When the shareholders are more important the people that make IBM, you know that its heading for disaster.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Emphasis on cost instead of ppl
Technical
join as a technical help desk by assisting the hardware and software issue attending phone calls and to trouble shoot customers queries and related problems and reset user computer and application problem from the remote desktop.
Provides and train all the new comers for the account. Performs ad-hoc requests from the Management.
Nothing much to comment about this company
I personally feel hp is better in terms of it's business processes for shared services. IBM is okay but it can get quite messy sometimes. If you're a Manpower staff, do not expect any perks or benefits to be given on top of your current benefits.

It's just my honest opinion.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Supportive Management and Time Flexibility
The best part of the company is the trust given to its employees to manage their work schedule as long as deliverables are met without compromising on the quality and timeline.

The management is also always supportive in ensuring employees upskill themselves to ensure they are well equipped to face the challenges in the ever changing environment. This includes encouraging employees to attend internal/external courses and providing the opportunities to job shadowing other roles.
flexi and work life balance
IBM promotes work life balance and dynamic environment to the employees. As this is a multinational company, the strategy, business direction keep on transforming and look out for great opportunity. Due to its rapid change, an employee required relocate to grab opportunity outside Malaysia. Learned a few systems and skills across different team. Cultural and employee background diversity has opened up my mind about their working culture and positive attitudes cultivated by them.
Challenging place to work in
Corporate culture is prevalent. High turnover and not getting enough projects to sustain. Morale is low and management has freezed hiring for past 1 year.
Pros
Education & learning is emphasized. Great benefits.
Cons
No job stability. Job cuts happening every quarter.
The working culture of IBM is simply to great
I've been working with IBM (M) Sdn Bhd for over 12 years. I enjoy the clients, co-worker, manager and CEO. Great place to work and nice office environment.
Pros
Open floorplan, weekly lunches, in and out of office happy hours, unlimited PTO, actual work/life balance.
Cons
Null
环境很舒适,只是没有升迁机会
老板很好,工作环境很舒适,只是没有升迁机会,为了前进只能离开。
IBM是一间很系统化的公司,食物比较贵,地点虽然偏僻但是我还能接受。
Very Good Company To Work With
A typical day at work is to work on the agile development tasks given, liaising with team members across the globe, i.e. Malaysia, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and USA.

I learned a lot at IBM, both in terms of technical skills and processes. The seniors and mentors were very knowledgable and willing to share their expertise. The exposure that I got from working with big and important customers throughout the world in multiple industries, i.e. telecommunications and financial services, really helped to advance my career. The processes within IBM are well defined and really helped to shape employees' professional conduct.

The managers were very helpful, especially in terms of being resourceful when unblocking hurdles faced in projects. The culture of mutual respect helped to create a conducive work environment, helping employees to succeed.

The hardest part of the job is the many processes that have to be followed when executing tasks within projects. Nevertheless, I find that to be one of the enjoyable parts of the job, as it brings about structure in work. The other enjoyable part of the job is to be able to work in teams across multiple locations throughout the world, with members of the teams contributing in different areas of expertise.
Not a good place to work logn term
Not a good place to work logn term .
WOrk life balance is good

Mangers don't know what is going on at ground level of the projects .

No employee benifts

Salaries are very low when compared to market.
Pros
work life balance is good
Cons
worst managers
Productive and fun
Keep an organisation running smoothly, taking care of the administrative and organisational tasks that make the organisation function by ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minuted. Maintaining effective records and administration.
fun & happening place to start off cust serv exp
supporting SG customers was a challenge being hospital customers was even taxing. Handing up to >100 calls per person on any given day was a good start to my career. Work & life was managed very well with team events & years team outings. Missing that work culture in these new places that I have been in.
Pros
big name
Cons
starter salary