IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

Malaysia166 reviews

Found 166 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,947 reviews

Good experience

I was under contract not much benefit. But working in IBM is eye opening toward other opportunities outside. Under the name of IBM a lot more jobs and role can be taken if one look for enough position.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Contract basis

A good place to learn

I love working in IBM, since I can learn so much about IT and new technology. The environment is good and I can meet so many nice people around here. I also have the opportunity to talk closer with the country manager of IBM GDC and get so much inspirations from him.

Good Start

It is a good place to start your career, with understanding superior, good team mate, flexibility, and latest technology being implemented. Easily accessible, nearby public transport/

N/a

There is a challenge for those who get used to commercial accounting process. Also, the company is using in-house system where is slightly different to other company have.

Collaborative enrvironment

Salary is not very competitive but colleagues are very helpful. Internal work process can be very tedious. Must be very IT savvy to be able to experience the wealth of information that is available for all staff. My leaders were very supportive so it was a very enjoyable environment to work in.

Pros

Helpful team

Cons

Benfits, job security, tedious process

Great culture

Great environment. Bond between bosses and workers are great just like friends. No stress. Work as a team helping each other. And great system in ibm.

Fun working environment

A good environment with many friendly teams . Able to learn more things and adapt easily to the Service Desk environment. The best place for the fresh graduates to endure into an IT environment

Good working environment

Good working environment, flexibility to work from home compared to be in office everyday. Good work life balance. Good learning place to learn new experience and task.

Overall OK

over all OK since I was a contractor so not many things that I could enjoy. I enjoined working there would have continued but the contract was lost to another tech company.

Pros

nothing

Cons

sometimes yes had to visit customer TOCS at midnight

Overall good experienced

I have learned a lot in my work and he the working environment was good. I workplace culture is beyond the expectations. Management also good organized.

Work/Life Balace

The job provided me with job stability but at the same time allow me to have a work-life balance. I have a good team leader, and team members that support me at work.

Productive. Good for enhance your skills

The company really taking care the employee. Good environment to work with open-door terms where you can talk and discuss to the high level management.

Pros

Flexible working hours, work balance, salary increment

Cons

Healthcare

Fun work place

Good environment and management. Dinner every month. Friendly colleague. The best place to work with supportive manager and team mates. Always have a team building course.

Pros

Fun work place with good environment

Cons

Work at night based on position

Good working culture

IBM like the name itself - always supported knowledge sharing. Lots of training available and they even have good leaders that grow other people to be greater than them.

Pros

Good working culture, good pay, nice workplace, lot of trainings.

Cons

The engagement of third-party in hiring and employment under those people - that was so unsecure.

Great environment

IBM is the best working environment I ever have in my working experienced, which very flexible working hour and you can work independent with goal set and report done as per timeline.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Flexible

Productive workplace with good teamwork

Good work culture overall with supportive teams, but plagued with management problems, including budget cuts leading to increased workloads and minimal pay increments.

Pros

Meal claims

Cons

No OT claims and terrible healthcare

Good company good culture

Good company with good culture. really enjoyed working with these people. Great team work, solution driven, great management style, professional spirit.

I worked with IBM Malaysia under Manpower Solution Agency, meaning I'm not an IBMer , but i do handle high rank executive of IBM which are located in Singapore. My work is a Global Admin Administrator ,sort like Personal Assistant but my manager is not visible in my place we just chat , communicate thru email and by phone. I do all the admin work for them from calendaring, travel booking hotel accommodation and their expenses as well , and some other related issue that is connected with work. I do enjoy my work very much but there is a little growth in terms of stability since I'm a single mom and do need a stable work for me to able to support my son. That is why i do still keep on trying to look for a good opportunity outside , for I know I can still be an asset to for other companies who will hire me in the future.

fun to work

very good company and management for career prospect. Weekly food compliments, events, vouchers. The workplace is comfortable even though your colleagues are from other countries. Harders part I would say that's how we are handling our stress and the most enjoyable part of the job its the same which is the people who work around.

Management is very poor as the local manager does not have good management skills and always keep favoritism. No way for new leadership to grow as the current manager does not allow new leadership to grow.

Pros

Enviroment

Cons

Healthcare, Compensation, Management

Productive and a fun place

Good culture . High learning standards . People there do follow the actual process . Learn many new application . Learn more about the importance of communicaton . Email writing is a must .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • IBM
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?