IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

Malaysia166 reviews

Found 166 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,947 reviews

Good experience

I was under contract not much benefit. But working in IBM is eye opening toward other opportunities outside. Under the name of IBM a lot more jobs and role can be taken if one look for enough position.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Contract basis

Poor management

No work-life balance, poor management. No career path or training provided. Work long hours, Contract staff might not able to continue the next renewal.

Pros

Cons

Contract job

Good Place to work

Enjoyed work. Felt like every employee is our family member Training while working learning new things FIVE STARS Management was professional and frendly. Challenges.

Pros

Cons

Fine

Productive & fun working place

A fun working place with good leaders & a good change for carrier advancement. A good understanding of the products is needed in order to perform daily tasks.

Pros

Helpfull colleagues & leaders

Cons

24 hours rotations

A good place to work at

IBM is a very good place to work at. Location of the office is in Cyberjaya, and since my job was in the night shift, the place is quiet peaceful to be around at.

Cons

night shift

It used to be excellent

Many things have changed in Big Blue, not for the better. Its no longer an exceptional MNC to work with. When the shareholders are more important the people that make IBM, you know that its heading for disaster.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Emphasis on cost instead of ppl

Technical

join as a technical help desk by assisting the hardware and software issue attending phone calls and to trouble shoot customers queries and related problems and reset user computer and application problem from the remote desktop. Provides and train all the new comers for the account. Performs ad-hoc requests from the Management.

Nothing much to comment about this company

I personally feel hp is better in terms of it's business processes for shared services. IBM is okay but it can get quite messy sometimes. If you're a Manpower staff, do not expect any perks or benefits to be given on top of your current benefits. It's just my honest opinion.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

Supportive Management and Time Flexibility

The best part of the company is the trust given to its employees to manage their work schedule as long as deliverables are met without compromising on the quality and timeline. The management is also always supportive in ensuring employees upskill themselves to ensure they are well equipped to face the challenges in the ever changing environment. This includes encouraging employees to attend internal/external courses and providing the opportunities to job shadowing other roles.

flexi and work life balance

IBM promotes work life balance and dynamic environment to the employees. As this is a multinational company, the strategy, business direction keep on transforming and look out for great opportunity. Due to its rapid change, an employee required relocate to grab opportunity outside Malaysia. Learned a few systems and skills across different team. Cultural and employee background diversity has opened up my mind about their working culture and positive attitudes cultivated by them.

Challenging place to work in

Corporate culture is prevalent. High turnover and not getting enough projects to sustain. Morale is low and management has freezed hiring for past 1 year.

Pros

Education & learning is emphasized. Great benefits.

Cons

No job stability. Job cuts happening every quarter.

The working culture of IBM is simply to great

I've been working with IBM (M) Sdn Bhd for over 12 years. I enjoy the clients, co-worker, manager and CEO. Great place to work and nice office environment.

Pros

Open floorplan, weekly lunches, in and out of office happy hours, unlimited PTO, actual work/life balance.

Cons

Null

环境很舒适,只是没有升迁机会

老板很好,工作环境很舒适,只是没有升迁机会,为了前进只能离开。 IBM是一间很系统化的公司,食物比较贵,地点虽然偏僻但是我还能接受。

Very Good Company To Work With

A typical day at work is to work on the agile development tasks given, liaising with team members across the globe, i.e. Malaysia, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and USA. I learned a lot at IBM, both in terms of technical skills and processes. The seniors and mentors were very knowledgable and willing to share their expertise. The exposure that I got from working with big and important customers throughout the world in multiple industries, i.e. telecommunications and financial services, really helped to advance my career. The processes within IBM are well defined and really helped to shape employees' professional conduct. The managers were very helpful, especially in terms of being resourceful when unblocking hurdles faced in projects. The culture of mutual respect helped to create a conducive work environment, helping employees to succeed. The hardest part of the job is the many processes that have to be followed when executing tasks within projects. Nevertheless, I find that to be one of the enjoyable parts of the job, as it brings about structure in work. The other enjoyable part of the job is to be able to work in teams across multiple locations throughout the world, with members of the teams contributing in different areas of expertise.

Not a good place to work logn term

Not a good place to work logn term . WOrk life balance is good Mangers don't know what is going on at ground level of the projects . No employee benifts Salaries are very low when compared to market.

Pros

work life balance is good

Cons

worst managers

Productive and fun

Keep an organisation running smoothly, taking care of the administrative and organisational tasks that make the organisation function by ensuring meetings are effectively organised and minuted. Maintaining effective records and administration.

fun & happening place to start off cust serv exp

supporting SG customers was a challenge being hospital customers was even taxing. Handing up to >100 calls per person on any given day was a good start to my career. Work & life was managed very well with team events & years team outings. Missing that work culture in these new places that I have been in.

Pros

big name

Cons

starter salary

High level MNC Company

IBM is a company where we as employee can develop our self and at same time we can learn to work in professional with high integrity. This company also train their employee to able work in any working environment.

Productive and Great place to work

Productive and Great place to work. I was given opportunities to develop my skills and gains the knowledge in various function of task. Responsbilities : • Global Administrative • Managing Directors and Executives from US (handling all tasks virtually and via phone calls) • Managing calendar • Handling/managing appointment and calls • Handling travel - flight and accommodation • Handling claims - flights, hotel, per diem, etc. • Other special task/project as and when needed

Fun and joy

5 days per week. Have to work on public holidays. Rotational shift. I have learned how to communicate with customer in good manner. How to work under pressure and tackle frustrated clients. Once a month will go team outing.

Pros

Team outing

Cons

Mediacal Benefits, Short Break, Other Allowances

Productive and fun workplace

You can manage your time by your own self once your working here. Sometime you are very free and sometime you don't have enough of time to complete your task.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • IBM
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?