International Medical University

International Medical University Employee Reviews

Malaysia23 reviews

Malaysia's first private university

Working at IMU for the last 12 years have helped me progress in my career in terms of growth,a great team (my department and school) and an institution with many inspirational leaders.I would definitely recommend IMU as a great place to work and grow.

What is the best part of working at the company?Not muchTo much community serviceTo much marketing. With out reasonable compensationRediculas KPI/IDPAge discrimination What is the most stressful part about working at the company?No work life balance lNew Arcaiac/ old software every 6 monthsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Disgusting What is a typical day like for you at the company?10 to 12 hr days 3/4 Admin work

Fun plac3

Good company with lots of benefits and compensation. Friendly colleague. Working culture is very good. If you want to work here it is recomended. Just the salary a bit lower.

Pros

Always back on time

Cons

Just certain manager in certain department not that good

Very healthy work life balance

I was always warned not to work during weekend. I am thankful for that, really. Even when you were required to stay late, it always come with apology.

Compassionate employer but needing advancement

Senior management team who needs to walk the talk and be a little bit more risk taking for advancing in technology and increasing portfolio. Compassionate employers coming from healthcare and education industry.

Pros

Great colleagues

Cons

Little advancement, take on step forward and two steps back.

Excellent game lace to work

Great place to work Flexible hours to work Fast academic growth and promotion Good conference and accommodation allowance Actually Malaysia is nice place to work with wonderful gentle soft spoken people

It was nice experience to work in IMU as faculty in school of Pharmacy. The working environment made me to explore mutiple opportunities to learn.

My resume was enhanced a good number of times by doing collaborative research with international universities and had attended good number of International Conferences to present my research findings.

Pros

Free seminars, workshops, training classes, supportive research facilities to enhance our careers.

Cons

stressful, life long learning process

A company with diverse background and a lot of learning opportunity

IMU is a good place to work as there are a lot of learning opportunities are given to the staff. Its diverse background (we have different nationalities of people working here) has allowed us to be exposed to different cultures. Despite the differences, we are able to work harmoniously.

Benefits

The company really take care of staff wellfare and ensure all staffs have a healthy lifestyle by providing weekly wellness activities and healthy menu with diet plan information.

Pros

Staff trip, free movie ticket, medical benefit

Cons

Too much workload, tight deadlines

Career Pathway

Working in here is more to routine work as I'm working in teaching laboratory. As working in teaching laboratory, its strengthen our basic knowledge especially in chemistry and biology.

Good management and staff welfare

A busy work place with lots of paperwork to do. Learned to get along with senior and junior staff. Management shows concern for staff welfare and training. Safe and friendly work environment.

Pros

Friendly work environment

Cons

Long travel time from home to work

Challenging workplace

Working day Monday-Friday. You can learn how to communicate and work as a team. Need to be patient and can handle the stress. Able to work in pressure and meet a deadline given. Provide an exercise such as zumba and tai chi provide great benefit

Fun workplace

It was such a great experience for me to handle a museum's specimens and cadavers. This was my first experience to work in shift especially in afternoon shift which was started at 1 o'clock in the afternoon and ended at 10 o'clock in the evening. These was such a valuable experience for and give me the challenge for me to push myself to the limit.

great workplace

it is a great workplace. The management is very supportive. this is the place where i shared alot of my experiences and it had motivated me to upgrade myself.

Pros

supportive

Cons

nil

Good place to work in

A good place to work in. Spent 20 years at this institution. Was given a lot of opportunities to learn and grow as well as experience many roles and responsibilities.

Best company ,take good care of their employees and their benefits loyalty

I have worked in this company for ore tha. Four years ,Find it well And devoted to their aim. Collaboration with international companies /universities

Pros

Free international trips, bounses

Cons

Much restrictions

fun n struggle work place

i love to be an IMU staff.the collages are very supportive and friendly. good environment n accommodation. so many privilege for permanent staff. many events to make u more responsibility with other or outsider.good CSR. can improve your english as well.

Pros

so many.. healthcare the best

Cons

short break on Friday

Interesting job position

I gained happiness from teaching others and the flexible hours allowed me to continue my full time internship. The students were very appreciative and their academic performance had improved.

Alright

Short stint in this company. Overall quite alright but did not stay on as they could not meet salary expectations. Finance Department was short staffed and hectic. Nice place to work in for a stable job.

Worst place I had ever work in !!!

Practicing discrimination from certain group not advisable for fresh graduate. Full of corruption and bribery !!! Top management practicing hatred policy resulting high rate of resignation!!! Extremely High in office politic!!!

Pros

I could not see any pros from this company

Cons

No career advancement at all

The working experiencein IMU is a good one.

Typical day at work would be the operation and maintenance of the building and management of the request and complaints throught the helpdesk system. I am more on the management part of the operation and maintenance and the facilities management. In IMU, I have learned a lot on the healthcare environment and its requirement. The co -workers are all well trained in their area. The hardest part is on meeting the datelines and the volume of works which I managed to accomodate all. The nejoable part if my career here in IMU is the accomplishment given when we managed to meet the datelines or solving any specific issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at International Medical University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits