KFC logo

KFC Employee Reviews for Cook

Work-Life Balance

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 29,411 reviews

underpaid in kuching, sarawak, Malaysia

goverment set the basic salary is rm1200, but for partimer only get rm700/rm800, this is because they work less than 8 hours perday and two three off days, no problem for fulltimer but the workload increse, just because they receive monthly income in basic salary start from rm1200. The management cant solve inner problem and put the blame on the staff.

Pros

Annual leave, bonus for fulltimers, flexible offday request, free meals

Cons

utilities example sponge for closing when doing cleaningness is not provided, only can redeem back cash after showing receipt to buy the utilities

a fast paced company

lack of staff which make us do double work which didn't match with the salary but still a great lesson of life for me , it is okay for me to do an overtime but with a double work as a person and lack of rest time is a bit unfair .

Pros

free lunch & hostel

Cons

short break & lack of staff in department

Cook

I come work in the evening shifts every day. I cooked kfc fried chicken and patty for kfc burgers. Every night I did some cleaning like cleaning the cooking utensils

The job was okay but quite stressfull

Overall since work of KFC Restaurant Franchais was great lesson & more experience to me. That was my first job but i still can get through. This job requirement was okay but still have a little bit confusing about its management. That's why cant stay longger at there..

Meals Provided

This place taught me how handle stressful environment and how to cope with it. With meal provided each day, there is nothing I could ask more. The management were professional and knew who they were dealing with.

good place to work and systematic

im working as a part time since was high school and its a good place to work. you will learn to work in pressure because during peak time a lot of customer will come so we have to managed to handle it

productive and great place to meet new friends

in kfc we will trained to be a professional workers. if u makes mistake prepare yourself to be scolded by manager. a bit mistakes you have done will make you cry

Pros

free lunch

Cons

busy all the time

comfortable to work

staff at there very friendly and can help each other without any mocking. also marketplace always clean and very safety to work. lastly, restaurant manager very kindly with staff and give advise when we do something wrong.

Pros

free launches

Cons

healthcare

Productive and fun place to work

Good working condition although lack of rest for the worker as it based on shift. The worker need to clean all the operation during the closure that at least that 1 hour after closure that affect the productivity of the worker if they work for the morning shift the day after as they lack of rest. As for the pro, the company provide free lunches. Although it quite tired and hard to balance between life and job work, it still good working experience.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Less rest

Relax and fun do the work

I know how to marinate the chiken. I learn how to manage cook position. The people is very ok for me. I not stress work in kfc. Job work and life balance is ok for me.

Fun workplace

The workplace is systematic. Easy to work with other co-workers. About the work time. Feel like working more than what I've paid for. Fortunately got other workers that help me .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short break

Always need to reschedule my time.

The working time is keep changing every week and the worst is if it suddenly change by the manager to replace the place for the absent one. Closing time is too long.

Pros

Happy environment.

Cons

Hard to get a prayer time.

cooking department

my working period was great in kfc sri sinar segambut well i was enjoy that moment learning getting a new experience in llife and i was very shy person,cause i didn't know how to mix with people surrounding but when i noticed that day by day i'm getting improve and my cooking skills is going to be better the hardest things that i have face when i was there it's you just have to be friendly with people and don't be arrogant and always help each other no matter what.

Pros

set B 1 piece rice and plate

Cons

1 hour break

Lovely member,work funly together

I love working with this company because all members include managers are happily working everyday.Always helping each other.But only the working hours is make me to change a job because it was late night.

Pros

Free lunch

Happy workplace and condusive

1) good relationship between employees and employer. 2 )good management of timetable job. 3 ) reasonable saleries. 4 ) free lunch. 5 ) care about staff healthier

Pros

free lunch

Cons

hostel

stressed workplace

i have word 6 day per week , i have learned about KFC's cooking system and teamwork at workplace , good management but rather careless about staff welfare , my co-worker not so be a teamwork , the hardest part in my job is when holiday , many costumer and have to work hard and fast

Pros

Meal Staff

Cons

Erratic Salary

fun workplace

fun workplace..had friendly staff..teamwork staff..my co-work as cook..have good management..hardest part in job when we need to change the oil..the best things is when cooking the chicken

Pros

free lunches

Cons

short breaks

Fun workplace

I learned that teamwork is needed to complete the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer was satisfied with the services provided.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

security issues

Positive atmosphere with great co-workers

KFC is a great workplace with motivated work colleagues. Daily routines include obeying SOPs for cooking of raw material and cleaning the kitchen. Management team has been supportive and flexible with the workers. Work colleagues were really fun and hardworking, they know how to differentiate between keeping the work done and have fun. There was time usually on public holidays where customers and overwhelming and outnumbered. This caused raw material to be insufficient and productivity of a worker increase to 200%. After closing the store, the most awaited time for the workers to have little chat with each other and relax for a moment before going home to get some sleep.

Pros

Free mouth watering lunches

Cons

Lack of rest time