Konica Minolta Business Solutions Australia

Konica Minolta Business Solutions Australia Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.2Job Security & Advancement

A good work environment until...

It is a great place to work in. The pay is competitive and management is friendly. However, they don't give you raises when they are supposed to. They "promote" you but they don't raise your pay. That's what happened with me. Management was also all over the place with that topic: first saying that they don't give raises and then correcting themselves by saying the raises are given after performance reviews. Not really much of a promotion, just doing more work for free.

Pros

Great environment, benefits, friendly environment

Cons

Made-up promotions, lack of clear communication

Outstanding Company

If you can grasp very simple marketing skills, you can build a very nice lucrative career for yourself here! Overall experience was extremely positive

Pros

Large customer base with a good brand

Cons

Air approximately 12 months to really start making good money

Bad management

Employees are taken advantage of and under paid. Short staffed in every department. Fires people with no remorse. This is for kmbs in the US as well. Given difficult tasks and told to go to team members for assistance who will ignore you or not have an answer. This leaves the responbility on you to fix a machine you've never even seen. If you mess up it's your responsibility despite being put in a position to fail. Mgmt runs the place more like a mccdonalds than a engineering support group. Don't understand competencies and put more work on certain teams without justification. No raises or incentives to work hard. This job will age you 20 years quicker from the stress levels and leave you with pounding headaches. Management does nothing to help or listen to workers just talks you in circles until you go away. Have expectations of a big team while being short staffed and slammed daily. SLA is 20% daily.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Short lunches, high workload, high stress

Fun place to work

I never really worked here, it’s in Australia after all. It’s just that Indeed constantly sends me emails to rate Konica Minolta Australia, and it seems the only way I can hope to make them stop is to simply answer the questionnaire. I did work for KM in Edmonton Alberta, Canada, the work was great, pay was poor with a promise to review and raise that never happened, and I ended up finding a better paying job. So there is my minimum 150 characters, and hopefully I won’t get any more of these emails!

management

Company has been disingenuous. I've been lied to about promises that were made before I started. Expected to do things that I wasn't made aware of before I started.

great benefits and management very accomodoble

loved the job I performed. the hours and benefits were great. my manager was very flexible with me and helped out whenever I had any questions or needed any assistance.

Beginning to embrace the future

In time thy should come into the workplace of the future. Good place to begin career. Tons of opportunities for advancement. Will be a formidable organization.

Great job

Overall good company to work for. I was able to run my area had a good customer relationship. Always had to take training online to futher myself as a Technician.

Good product range

good company with varied product offering, mostly new business, working culture could be better. Forward thinking company with options for career progression.

Fun fast pace environment

I would recommend Konica Minolta for employment. I have seen much change in the business during my 10 years of employment with the company along with the improvement of business procedures.

N/a

I liked to work at Konica Minolta business solutions company, they have a good work schedule, you learn new job everyday, if you are someone who like to learn this is a good job for you.

Great People, Great Products Great please to work, I was able to earn a solid living and expanded my professional relationships

Great please to work, I was able to earn a solid living and expanded my professional relationships. A typical day at work is a balance between office and field supporting my colleagues

Pros

collaboration

Cons

support teams

Great place to work and grow

Excellent career here. Good training, excellent marketing and service organizations. Best products and solutions on the market. I would work there again in the right role in a minute.

Busy environment, technical as well. You gotta keep the pace on your technical skills or you don't stand a chance. That was quite exciting and challenging. Every day was a different day.

Pros

Company discounts

Cons

Far from home

Good company to work for.

I was laid-off. It was a great company to work for. I would have never left if it wasn't for being laidoff. They gave an excellent severance package, and outsourced a company to help update your resume and interviewing skills. The Konica I worked for no longer exists. Konica was acquired by Minolta, renamed Konica Minolta and relocated to NJ.

Pros

Cafateria

Cons

Layedoff

My Review

It was a good experience. I learned a lot at Konica. The hardest part of the job was learning about the manufacturing industry seeing that I came from 7 years of Insurance, but I am a fast learner and i adapted quickly.

Good job

Relocation ended my stint with the company. Good people and opportunities for advancement. Very diverse environment and lots of great memories. Great hours and overtime opportunities.

Sales Org who only cares about sales people

The organization is going through some rebranding exercises, as it tries to call itself a tech company. In the broadest sense I guess its true, but let's not fool ourselves. It wants you to think Silicon Valley hip startup, when its a sales driven organization who cares about sales. It's mostly vanity. Upper management has been making moves to outsource, consolidate, and replace non-sales employees with perma-lance contractors. They recently closed one of their HQs in Connecticut to consolidate all operations to New Jersey. In the process, they got a $29M tax cut, oversold the state what they were bringing and have under delivered. They are currently in the process of replacing whomever they can with contract work. The Salesforce drives revenue and they remain mostly unscathed for right now, but a few years before this transformation, they had a big shakeup. Everyone was fired and had to re-apply for their jobs. I'm not familiar with the particulars, but they also changed salary and commission percentages in the process to try to incentivize more selling.

Pros

Most people there are very nice, creative, and cooperative

Good place to work.

Company relocated, besides that great place to work. I gained extensive skills and knowledge working at Konica. These skills will stay with me and help me in my next job.

Started off great.....

The company I am referring to is All Covered located in Atlanta, Ga. They were a powerhouse of a company for the longest time until they got bought by Konica Minolta Business. The management changed around a lot and the positions were moved around. They promise job advancement, but the hands who are in charge of the criteria needed to advance keep changing. This caused the requirements to change and kept a good bit of people who are qualified to advance stay in their current position. I was with the company for 7 years and was not able to advance.

Pros

Health insurance, vacation and holiday pay

Cons

Very difficult to advance, constant change in management and requires a lot of travel with your own car

Flexibility & Work Environment

The company has a great working environment where we could meet once a week to discuss as a team how we could overachieve our quota's and to increase expansion with the current clients.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

too many conference calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Konica Minolta Business Solutions Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits