Here to help
Coronavirus update

KPMG Employee Reviews

Malaysia67 reviews
Was in audit department. Cannot deny the fact that the workload is too much, but because of that, I am able to learn more. Experienced new things too, such as went stock taking at client's factory.
easy going and friendly environment. Managers and seniors are very helpful. Opportunity to learn and handle difficult cases.
Training will be provided from time to time.
On a typical day, we start of by helping the countries within the region who have issues with regional training as well as those who experience technical issues related to their local training arrangements. We also need to coordinate regional training by carrying discussion with training leads, country training teams and even vendors and suppliers that provide training essentials such as venue and printing services. Aside to that, we assist facilitators on the do's and don'ts of virtual classroom training and manage all communication between the facilitators and attendees. Aside to that, we are also responsible in collecting data from the region on the number of attendees, the type of training preferred and the list of facilitators available which is used for annual training calendar preparation and for the board to review the progress of regional training.
Pros
Talks on social issues, recreational activities, travel options, Inter Department Transfer options
Cons
Odd working hours due to collaboration with global counterparts
Audit firm is always the best place to learn new thing in a fast pace, though bare in mind there will be heavy workload with tight deadlines. Good thing is you learn fast within varies industries.
I have learned a lot from my supervisor when I worked in KPMG, it extended my skills and broaden my knowledge in relevant aspects. The culture in KPMG is also
inspiring.
Pros
Corporate culture
Cons
Work-life balance
There is poor practice of work life balance. No proper centrically training provided. Alumni of the company should be invited to rejoin the organisation over time.
It was a good experience, the flexibility, but yeah, we need to adhere to tight dateline which provided by Financial Audit. However, it was good for a fresh graduate to learn in and out about IT auditing
Working here need to be multi tasking. Sometime you need to deal with an impromptu work receive by the CEO. Meanwhile you are an admin, sometime you need to act like an HR too. A small company that want to fully utilize the man power that they have. But it is acceptable since the manager is nice.
I have clear direction for my future career. I have the opportunity to audit listed company. The management is quite systematic because the task assigned according job role. I love the workplace because everyone quite nice and willing to teach me. I cannot enjoy work life balance if I work at there.
High pace environment and have to keep ourselves updated with the up-to-date standards ie MFRS, IFRS & ISA. Have chances to meet new people ie Clients and Team members
Awesome environment for a new joiner to start with. Gives ample of room to improve and develop your skills. Managers motivate you push yourself to get better results.
this competition was to test your whole accounting and auditing relevant knowledge
The colleagues are exceptionally inclusive and fun to work with. There are little to no pressure at all working here. However, they do not have a permanent position to offer
A very stressful working environment where we need to meet the date lines of each customers.

I learned how to do audit, check account and do work planning.

Management - superior give full explanations on task assigned to the trainees.

Everybody paid full concentrations on the works.

Hardest part of the job where you need to stay back until late night in order to complete the job before dateline.

Enjoyable part is when you get to know different people and different types of companies when you do audit work.
Pros
Gain huge experience
Cons
Too long working hours
Great place to know different industries and to enhance IFRS, MPERS technical standards. Got to meet new people and travel a lot. However, limited career progression in the new department.
Pros
Firm holiday 1 week, 3 days MC free
Cons
work life balance.
Get experience with the biggest companies. Highly respected. At any one time, had an engagement manager, performance manager, and assigned mentor. Excellent learning experience, continuous exposure to latest standards, and variety of industry sectors and focus areas.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Good environment
Cons
Long working hours
Good place to grow and learn a lot for fresh graduates. Get a lot of helps from middle management as they will guide you from scratch and all your work will be reviewed by the managers.
Pros
Good team, good management
Cons
Tight deadlines, Heavy workloads
This is a great workplace, with clients in multiple business industries, providing a platform for diverse experience, especially to fresh graduates. The management has provided flexibility to the staff to demonstrate their ability in the course of work.
Pros
Staff benefits and welfare covered.
Cons
N/a
A good company for its Brand. But a very bad culture. They will ask you to work overtime, and some times they wont pay overtime. If you refuse to work overtime, there goes your promotion.
Pros
Good brands
Cons
Bad cultures, too much workload, tendency to not get promoted if cant OT
- You get hands-on exposure in dealing with clients and assisting the project director and associates
- You get to network with not just employees with KPMG but with the client's project team as well

- You get the chance to see how a multinational corporation functions in terms of the checks and balances that go into every decision made
During my internship, it was an audit peak period. Therefore I have to work overtime almost everyday,. However it was a good experience for me to learn about what audit is really about and whether or not i want to continue in this field.