Here to help: Coronavirus update

KPMG Employee Reviews

Malaysia65 reviews
People are connected globally and have an excellent collaborative relationship
On a typical day, we start of by helping the countries within the region who have issues with regional training as well as those who experience technical issues related to their local training arrangements. We also need to coordinate regional training by carrying discussion with training leads, country training teams and even vendors and suppliers that provide training essentials such as venue and printing services. Aside to that, we assist facilitators on the do's and don'ts of virtual classroom training and manage all communication between the facilitators and attendees. Aside to that, we are also responsible in collecting data from the region on the number of attendees, the type of training preferred and the list of facilitators available which is used for annual training calendar preparation and for the board to review the progress of regional training.
Pros
Talks on social issues, recreational activities, travel options, Inter Department Transfer options
Cons
Odd working hours due to collaboration with global counterparts
A great place to grow your career
KPMG has given me a lot of room to grow my career as well as support my personal development as a risk consulting professional. While the job can have its ups and downs, it's an amazing place to work with like minded colleagues and a vibrant, fast paced environment.
Pros
Flexibility and personal growth
Cons
Long work hours
Awesome workmates with little messed up management.
It was an amazing and full of learning environment, real and challenging industry opportunities from all areas ranging from Banks to Oil & Gas. However the incentives are not quite much, and management is not up to the global standards because it an MNC, the expectations are always high.
Pros
Flexible working hours, yearly overseas trips(all paid up)
Cons
Less salary, gap between management & employees. unorganized resource allocation (Monkeys swimming the ocean, fish climbing the tree)
Great place to start and build a career
KPMG is a great place to start and build a career in the accounting and business sector. I was given the chance to work on a wide variety of business opportunities that fit my needs and helped me
grow.

KPMG offers young professionals an incredible learning opportunity to see first hand how some of the largest companies in the world work and operate. The knowledge garnered is invaluable and KPMG will provide you with the tools needed to succeed inside or outside of public accounting.
Pros
Competitive benefit scheme, Great people and exposure
Cons
Long Working Hours
though and challenging but gain alot of knowlegde
what I learn :
- obtained and examined appropriate audit evidence

- Checking financial reports and records are accurate and reliable

- Communicate with managerial staff on issue that arise

- Attend client's stock count and asset sighting

- Preparing reports on audit findings

The management in this firm is good. they have their own system to manage the organization

the co-workers are very friendly and helpful. they support each other and guide me in case I don't understand some issues.

the hardest part of the job is the working hours where usually we work until late night.

the most enjoyable part of the job is the environment where we have multiracial and everyone is very friendly. that makes the environment to be more comfortable.
Pros
work experience
Cons
working hours
Productive and Professional work environment
The company's working hour is flexible as long stay on duty for 8 hours per day. I have learned about accounting treatment because had been audit for various type of industry. While the management also good where the culture is more concerned on efficiency and have a friendly co-workers. The hardest part of the job where I need to settled down all 3 companies working paper at the same time to chase the due date. The most enjoyable pat of the job, I can meet various type of people where I will go to our client companies to do my audit and get many experience.
Pros
Free movies once a week, get many experienced and many activities for each month.
Cons
work overload
Productive, efficient place to work at
KPMG is a great company with many opportunities. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interface with clients and that every day is different. I learned how to effectively manage my time and work load when working on two clients at the same time.
Pros
Great office atmosphere, face paced, opportunity to advance career
Cons
Work till late hours
Supportive working environment
I have been very fortunate to have gained this position in KPMG. The staff have been very supportive and helpful. Although sitting in the office for long hours is not my cup of tea, being productive gives me much satisfaction.
Pros
Desirable working environment, staff benefits.
Cons
Long hours.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at KPMG?
Productive workplace and great people to work with
My first stepping stone to consulting world. It was tough to start with but I value the hard work and challenges it offered over the years. Everyone seemed to enjoy working even under pressure. That was when a project manager should interfere to provide flexibility and balance. Work hard and play hard.
Challenging and dynamic
Consulting with the client regarding the transaction of the business.
Learn the procedures of auditing

Understand the business procedure of the client's accountant

Co-workers were friendly and supporting

Hardest part was when I was required to solve the issues regarding late audit adjustment
Pros
Valuable experience
Cons
Long work hours till midnight
Good work life balance
My experience at KPMG malaysia has been amazing. Great people, good work life balance. All the staff are very helpful and understanding if you don't know certain things. As long as you ask, someone is always there to help. I believe the hardest part about this job would be organising my time properly to complete all task at hand. the most enjoyable part about the job would be the feeling you get once you complete each audit and seeing the results.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long nights
Excellent work and learning environment
As a current employee of KPMG, the work environment there has been a good learning field, with constant coaching by superiors an mentors.

With a steep learning curve, KPMG is suitable place to sling shot your career. The exposure with the diverse client base and the work life balance it promises.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
long working hours
Productive and fun place
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Pros
Company status
Cons
Great leadership and ample of training
Great leadership and ample of training.
be able to work with different type of working environment and meeting a lot of people!
Good foundation
A good foundation to build up for those people who have just recently graduated from their university despite the employees' welfare is not that good.
Pros
Building up your netwrok
Cons
Long working hours
Productive and fun
Learned to work in a international standard, it provided to working condition to deal with international people. had good management,and most important the teams are more helped to lear how to behave in a team
Working at KPMG
Great company to work with. I went through proper orientation and training to give us a better understanding of our job responsibilities. I was able to ask questions from my co-workers whenever I have trouble resolving problems. Also, this company provide flexibility where I am able to work from home when needed
good varieties of job exposure
the hardest part is the short deadline as it is client oriented industry. overall, a very good environment to learn from various industries
Pros
flexible on time management
Cons
short deadlines
Best environment
- Colleagues always guide and help with each other when we have to deal with auditor
- Will experience new thing with different background of the client

- Colleagues are always punctual with attendance and lunch hour

- Never delay in doing everything

- Teach me on how to know which one need to be prioritize
Cons
Short time given for prayers
Good working experiences
KPMG is great place to start working. Good exposure to multiple industries, staffs are very helpful and management are very cooperative.
Pros
Medical allowance
Cons
poor work life balance
Fun workplace with great colleagues !
Work is tiring but its fun with the people around and its all about the learning process. I have learnt alot about transfer pricing in my 18 months of working in KPMG.
Pros
Best team mates