L'Oréal
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from L'Oréal:

L'Oréal Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

You’re seeing reviews in Chicago, IL based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
I was a cashier supervisor. we sold lots of skin care and make up to people of all colors. I enjoyed playing with make up. The hardest part was leaving.
Pros
lunces
Cons
health care
It was an amazing experience working for L'oreal, amazing people amazing company and I enjoyed everyday I worked with them. It was an amazing learning experience for me and I feel I have grown professionally from working with them. Thank You.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Very competitive
It was great place to work with relaxed Management and hardest part was the landscape was huge and had to deal with lots of vendors on hardware and architect new changes which constantly client wanted to change .
The culture at L'Oreal was inclusive and gave all employees access to resources to develop their skills. There was a focus on work life balance. L'Oreal acknowledged their employees are what make the company successful and invested in their development.
Your hard work is recognized company promotes from within and truly cares about its people. If your hard working and have a a passion for people you will be successful here. I love the brand!
Pros
Company card, Mentorship, gratis, growth
Cons
Compensation
In this role I learned to work as a team, and the importance of teamwork to achieve a common goal. My co workers and I worked everyday to not only improve and empower ourselves to reach our team sales goals.
Pros
Learning about the current trends in makeup
Cons
Retail hours
great company to work for , full benefits and insurance this company focuses on having work life balance , week schedule consists of 50 to 60 hours weekly.
Great pastime job with high sales expectation. You have to be flexible willing to travel. Have to be very strong in sales.
great family like work atmosphere. Small laboratory supported large plant. Learned a lot from senior chemists, who were always willing to give support
Pros
free products
Working at L'Oreal USA Research and Development center was a different but great experience. I was able to learn new things about the properties of hair. Management was good, and co-workers were friendly and helpful. my favorite part about working here was its diversified group of people.
Huge opportunity with this company. Loreal owns lots of brands!
Excellent benefit, this company really cares about its employees
Pros
Great company
Cons
Loved it!
L'Oreal/SalonCentric is working on becoming the leader in the beauty industry.
Pros
Wonder people. Both employees and customers
Cons
Upper management micromanaging to an extreme
Branding design (logo, web, social media and print) of Softsheen-Carson’s “Style Team” live platform hair division. Online and Print Designs of Softsheen-Carson’s “Shine” tour (digital retouching, banners, brochures, posters, direct mailers, etc.)
Worked with a chicago marketing firm that was hired by loreal to be a key note speaker for the health and wellness conventions mainly in the south. Conducted interviews one on one with attendees, radio and television. Also spoke to groups of women up to 1000 attendees at a time. 80% Travel
Pros
amazing experience
Cons
i relocated and couldnt stay
Beware to all who read this! This review will stun you. This is in no way coming from a point of regret for choosing this job; this is strictly coming from an experience standpoint.The position I applied for, I thought was going to consist of and/or have the opportunity for real entry-level lab wet work and hands on experiments to be done, in addition to what I was told I was going to be doing-crimping hair and making hair swatches for various tests. It did not. I had hoped that down the road I could have gotten into the science behind the tests or solutions applied to the hair, even if just moderately, so I could take with me to my next job saying, "Hey, I've done this," or "Hey, I've calculated that," never happened. I know it was entry level and temporary, but I could've been given more of a challenge. This position, in honest respect, is NOT for anyone who is trying to make a mark in the scientific world and really wanting to become someone, "learn" something (new and applicable) and do something to make a difference. If you just need a job, then it’s great, no pun intended. I felt like it was a slap in the face me having worked so hard for a BS in Biochemistry. On top of that, the person I worked under treated me as if I was some sort of a threat to her and all I was looking for was an enjoyable experience to tell everyone, which I only got less than 5% of the time. The position I had, or rather the things that the scientist only "allowed" me to do, is fit for high school children! I may be exaggerating a bit because the person I worked under was mean, rude, like to play - more...
Pros
meet a few people that i liked, get to participate in the hair studies w/ or w/o compensation
Cons
short breaks, treating totally different and less than the actual l'oreal employees, no advancement
Start your day with set up for current event in store, making sure you are aware of stock and making lists of availability for each artist, making sure your stock orders are bumped up for events. Making sure clients are called to verify appointments. enough artists are booked for the number of appointments. Traiing/ Master classes for clients.
Pros
working one on one with clients and counter managers to develop skills
We had a full day of calling on stores educating the stores and fellow employees. We worked as a team and had a great time learning and teaching. We had to follow up with reports on our computers and have knowledge of forecasting, sales,and inventory.
Pros
traveled all over the state to work and went to meetings all over the us.
Cons
after our merge work-load became impossible
Working with the Specialty Brands side of L'Oreal truely challenged on's ability to go with the flow. new strategies and objectives were constant as the brands within the Specialty Umbrella strived to find and maintain their identities as well as develop and maintain new systems for retailing.
Pros
flexible and open to change.
Cons
new systems and ideas not always good.
Great company, always new things being invented and tested. They test products on clients in their database, they accept new clients every week. Some of the tests are paid and others are not. The clients give their opinion on the products tested and used.
Pros
hot food, off weekends
Cons
very demanding