L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employee Reviews for Graphic Designer

The AVP Creative Director I worked for was extremely competent and confident as a creative leader and senior manager. I learned a lot working on each project and continue to showcase my work samples with pride (almost 10 years later). I was a permalance designer so I don't know the ins and outs as a full-time employee but I would jump at the chance to be hired within the company and department given the right opportunity.
Pros
Beautiful, clean work space. Friendly staff. Challenging but not stressful workload. Fantastic cafeteria
Cons
Limited access to internet when researching (company blocks certain sites for security reasons).
Most creatives at the company are outsourced by temp agencies, with no intention to ever hire them. The company is marketing driven and all that matters is increasing sales numbers, they care little about the quality or integrity of designs. Poorly managed with a lot of petty, childish behavior from all levels. Managers and bosses talking about their employees behind their backs instead of communicating directly with their employees. Little to no opportunity for advancement if in the creative sector.
Coworkers are great. Management is lost. CEO constantly changes their mind on what they want a season to "feel" like. I was so excited to work for this company. I started as a temporary employee to cover for a woman on maternity leave. A few weeks after she came back to work, she quit so I kept temping...That lasted about 15 months until I was finally hired, (mind you I was promised I would be hired soon for about 9 of those 15 months). When I finally was hired I was given a lower title than what I had been for 15 months of temp work. It then took another year to get back to the title I had originally had as a temporary employee. I had 6 different managers in my 3 years here. Some were asked to leave after costing the company millions, some decided to leave on their own and others were cornered into leaving once the company decided to do a huge restructure. My fellow employees would constantly bring up things to managers and HR like, being overworked, working on something for months only to have to redo it several more times because someone somewhere just changed their minds about it one day, having managers pat us on the head and treat us rudely, having our titles changed without our knowledge, not being appreciated or compensated for our long hours and hard work, hiring people from different states instead of hiring from within, having managers be in constant meetings so there is no one to give direction when needed, being treated like second class citizens by hire ups and people in other departments because of your job title, tons of favoritism, the lack of communication - more...
Pros
A handful of good people, Makeup, Desk Decorating
Cons
Constant confusion, triple work, long hours, rude managers, unresponsive HR, horrible communication overall
Branding design (logo, web, social media and print) of Softsheen-Carson’s “Style Team” live platform hair division. Online and Print Designs of Softsheen-Carson’s “Shine” tour (digital retouching, banners, brochures, posters, direct mailers, etc.)