L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

The most enjoyable part of the job was making different batches of nail polish, mascara and colognes. All of the workers were very friendly and easy to work with on a day to day basis.
Pros
Learning about new products
Cons
no flexibility
Print and review batch sheets, collect raw materials and weigh for processing. Collect expires raw materials and palatalize for pickup. Prepare components for filling Dept. I have learned the company computer system and programs. My manager is very supportive. Research and Innovation personal care products. The amount of work and not enough help. Rotating through different Dept. and learning something new everyday.
Pros
Lunch and breaks
Cons
Salary, Health Care
Working at L'Oreal USA Research and Development center was a different but great experience. I was able to learn new things about the properties of hair. Management was good, and co-workers were friendly and helpful. my favorite part about working here was its diversified group of people.
It's a great company, They give u a lot opportunity to grow, Is the best. People friendly, perfect in all time sheet They give you a lot training for everyone. They teach you a lot stuff to growing
Pros
free lunch
Cons
time work
I really enjoyed the employees and management. This was a great overall experience. This company gave me the inspiration to make better.
Everyday was a busy day in the Quality Laboratory, testing finished products and releasing them for sale as well as extensive testing of packing components which had to meet the high standards set by Loreal. Keeping computer records up to date and managing the rework or rejection of finished goods and components was challenging but enjoyable. Management was hands-on and very supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was when all components and finished goods were in specification.
Pros
Free vouchers to purchase a vast range of products
Cons
Beware to all who read this! This review will stun you. This is in no way coming from a point of regret for choosing this job; this is strictly coming from an experience standpoint.The position I applied for, I thought was going to consist of and/or have the opportunity for real entry-level lab wet work and hands on experiments to be done, in addition to what I was told I was going to be doing-crimping hair and making hair swatches for various tests. It did not. I had hoped that down the road I could have gotten into the science behind the tests or solutions applied to the hair, even if just moderately, so I could take with me to my next job saying, "Hey, I've done this," or "Hey, I've calculated that," never happened. I know it was entry level and temporary, but I could've been given more of a challenge. This position, in honest respect, is NOT for anyone who is trying to make a mark in the scientific world and really wanting to become someone, "learn" something (new and applicable) and do something to make a difference. If you just need a job, then it’s great, no pun intended. I felt like it was a slap in the face me having worked so hard for a BS in Biochemistry. On top of that, the person I worked under treated me as if I was some sort of a threat to her and all I was looking for was an enjoyable experience to tell everyone, which I only got less than 5% of the time. The position I had, or rather the things that the scientist only "allowed" me to do, is fit for high school children! I may be exaggerating a bit because the person I worked under was mean, rude, like to play - more...
Pros
meet a few people that i liked, get to participate in the hair studies w/ or w/o compensation
Cons
short breaks, treating totally different and less than the actual l'oreal employees, no advancement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at L'Oréal?