L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician in Chicago, IL

Working at L'Oreal USA Research and Development center was a different but great experience. I was able to learn new things about the properties of hair. Management was good, and co-workers were friendly and helpful. my favorite part about working here was its diversified group of people.
Beware to all who read this! This review will stun you. This is in no way coming from a point of regret for choosing this job; this is strictly coming from an experience standpoint.The position I applied for, I thought was going to consist of and/or have the opportunity for real entry-level lab wet work and hands on experiments to be done, in addition to what I was told I was going to be doing-crimping hair and making hair swatches for various tests. It did not. I had hoped that down the road I could have gotten into the science behind the tests or solutions applied to the hair, even if just moderately, so I could take with me to my next job saying, "Hey, I've done this," or "Hey, I've calculated that," never happened. I know it was entry level and temporary, but I could've been given more of a challenge. This position, in honest respect, is NOT for anyone who is trying to make a mark in the scientific world and really wanting to become someone, "learn" something (new and applicable) and do something to make a difference. If you just need a job, then it’s great, no pun intended. I felt like it was a slap in the face me having worked so hard for a BS in Biochemistry. On top of that, the person I worked under treated me as if I was some sort of a threat to her and all I was looking for was an enjoyable experience to tell everyone, which I only got less than 5% of the time. The position I had, or rather the things that the scientist only "allowed" me to do, is fit for high school children! I may be exaggerating a bit because the person I worked under was mean, rude, like to play - more...
Pros
meet a few people that i liked, get to participate in the hair studies w/ or w/o compensation
Cons
short breaks, treating totally different and less than the actual l'oreal employees, no advancement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at L'Oréal?