L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Once of the best experience in my time , gown my knowledge and taking advantage of all things learned, the coworkers were very warn and show me the best way to be competitive.
Wouldn't recommend being a manager full or part time employee at any of the professional retail stores. Employees are definitely made to know that they are replaceable. Definite favouritism is shown to employees between upper management and cooperate. Alot of family placement in positions where people have been pushed out. Alot of unetical things towards workers in stores.
Pros
Discount products
Cons
Very very unorganized and stressfull.
Company used to be amazing but has gone downhill in the last year. They are laying off 1/2 of staff all over the place, be warned, work load is going up, staff and pay is dropping.
Great company to work for. Still growing but fast. Work/life balance . Closed on major holidays . Good hours . Upper management is mostly understanding and have good skills
Cosmetic skin care environment. Small boutique spaces, with goals to make.Team of about 6 with limited hours. Corporate support is present and available as needed.
Cons
not a lot of advancement opportunity
L'Oreal is a good company but it really depends who you work with. There are many career advancements in this company but sometimes incapable people or people are lack of leadership skills get promoted and it resulted negative impact on store level
Company is very topsy turvy. You never know which way they are going to go. One day its this ... next day its something else. They have closed a lot of stores and they only give you 30 day advance notice. Of course they give you a "severance package" but it'll only last you 60 days and then you're homeless.
L'Oreal USA is a wonderful company, which provides amazing benefits, and offers a very competitive salary! There are also many great people within. However, where this company takes a plunge is with their District Managers and Store Management. For the most part they tend to be very unprofessional, and take favoritism to a new level. This being said, your career advancement does lie in the hands of your DM, SM and ASM. If you are not ok with them, you are never going to be able to get promoted or advance with this company.
Depending on which branch of the company you work for you may have an ideal experience but it truly is all about management and managing YOUR expectations.
benefits
Cons
management
being manager here was a great place to work. small staff but fun and productive place to work. really enjoyed working for this company just didn't pay enough
Loreal was an overall good company to work for. Typical day at work entailed long shifts as management, sometimes unrealistic expectations from regional managers, but overall a energetic company.
I enjoyed working each day. I learned that employees aren't honest. You have to be prepared for anything.I learned all aspects of managing. I worked well with my co-workers, you have to be a good team leader,and you lead by example. Letting someone go. The people, I love helping others.
Pros
I was trusted completely
Cons
We needed more contact with upper management.
Working with our customer base was wonderful for me, we were all ways doing testing on our product lines to help educate our customers. Coworkers grea
Pros
Sales contest and spiffs to bring in more of our income
Cons
Neve got breaks
Great benefits however, needs upper marketing support improvement. Great products to work with but the direction of the outlets was not developed well.
No training for Manager and they will throw you under the bus lots of gossip among all the store manager a new bad district manager that has no clue of what she is doing long hour and can you believe they Pay there manager by the hour wow..The district manager was call in behind my back to my employees asking question about how and what i was doing the will let you work most of the day before the let you go right in front of customer I would not recommended this company I would rather be on welfare and there turn over rate is extremely high.
Pros
free product
Cons
managers get paid hourly sucks
Good company to work for. Lot to learn so b a sponge.not much to say its retail u learn something new everyday if u share knowledge u can grow.
Pros
incentives
Cons
u must b aggressive in sales and have knowledge of cosmetics
Overworked and underpaid. Constantly short staffed, Company merger transition is/was awful. Forever changing policies and procedures and then you were reprimanded for not "doing your job correctly". But it doesnt help that your boss had NO CLUE to what was going on either. Lack of direction.
Cons
underpaid
Working with the Specialty Brands side of L'Oreal truely challenged on's ability to go with the flow. new strategies and objectives were constant as the brands within the Specialty Umbrella strived to find and maintain their identities as well as develop and maintain new systems for retailing.
Pros
flexible and open to change.
Cons
new systems and ideas not always good.