L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employee Reviews for Territory Manager

One of the best manager's I've worked for in all of my professional years as a sales professional. L'oreal and it's subsidiaries' provided me with the best training and development, tools and resources to ensure I was as effective as possible in the field and able to provide the most knowledge to our clients.
We all worked as a team, both us and Management. Great Customer Service, Great Communication all around. Excellent salary and bonus, and benefits.
Pros
All above.
Cons
Had company layoffs, after over eight years I was apart of. I understand, it was not personable. Was given the opportunity to work a a independent Contractor.
Too vast to describe, it changed accordingly. I drove a Company Car with Insurance and scheduled tune ups or any parts paid for. I may be checking an employee or attending a meeting. I had a Regional Account and was also a trainer.
Pros
Always knew it would be everything you put into it.
Cons
Travel may get old for the wrong candidate.
had a great time working for them , able to drive to my stores meet new and old Management always enjoyed all I did for them . not In the same place daily
Pros
as above says
Cons
same
The work was not difficult and the demands put on representatives were not overpowering. Management was there to help but did not see very often. Free product and other perks were nice.
Pros
Excellent benefits and vacation.
Cons
Did not see other peers much because I was in field sales.
My first position when I graduated from college. I gained invaluable experience in sales and territory management. A company car was provided as extensive car travel was required. I was at 75% travel and was required to fly to different locations throughout the country.
Pros
Company car and potential for sales and management experience
Cons
Too much travel by air and car
Enjoyed working with the people of Loreal as well as the National accounts. Got to travel and further my training as I worked.
the best thing about working at L'Oreal are the amazing clients we deal with day to day, they make going to work fin and enjoyable.
great training great rewards great company loved every minute
Pros
excellent commission
Cons
just losing my job like all members of the sales force
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at L'Oréal?
Directed the merchandising, inventory, display, and special promotions of Maybelline and L'OREAL cosmetics, hair, and skincare for over 60 locations throughout the El Paso and Southern New Mexico region. I enjoyed meeting people from all different walks of life and a lot of them became friends and we all worked well together even though I did not work for them. The hardest part of the job was being laid off.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Na
I was responsible for servicing 18 distributors & Salons, Beauty Schools, throughout the Southeast (Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, South & North Carolina. I had sales projections to meet each month. Worked with our educational team , scheduling trade shows,insalon classes, school classes. Most enjoyable part of this job was, working with the clients, and the team.
Pros
Excellent benifits, Enjoyed working for L"Oreal.
Cons
This was not a 40 hour work week job.
Too bad it all changed. I loved my career with L'Oreal and would have stayed forever but it has all been outsourced to Convergence and no longer offers the salaried positions in the field.
Pros
work/life balance fantastic, great healthcare, great products.
Every day brought challenges and at the end of the day I was always satisfied with the job. I always found a way to make what ever project was assigned not only enjoyable but also a challenge to produce more sales. I learned how to manage a territory and always be ready to deal with different personalities,people having a bad day and to be organized to the limit. The most enjoyable part of my job was to challenge myself every month to make 100% coverage and enjoy knowing every day would be different.
Pros
company car, excellent benefit, and bonus
Cons
being alone most of the time driving from store to store
Great company to work for. I was hoping to retire from this company but the company made changes. Typical work day started around 5:30 am and would end about 5:30 to 7:00. I had a travel territory between 2500 to 3000 miles a month. I loved my job because it was always evolving. You had to be very flexible with your day, because it could change with just a call or email. The teams all worked closely to together to help complete our job by deadlines. If you completed your territory you were always available to jump in and help another team member to complete their project by deadline.
We had a full day of calling on stores educating the stores and fellow employees. We worked as a team and had a great time learning and teaching. We had to follow up with reports on our computers and have knowledge of forecasting, sales,and inventory.
Pros
traveled all over the state to work and went to meetings all over the us.
Cons
after our merge work-load became impossible
My time with Loreal was valuable. Unfortunately the economic climate was not conducive to such an extended full time sales force. The entire force was eliminated, as seems to be the trend. The company was very good to me and I hold no remorse or regrets about the direction the company moved.
Having worked at L'Oreal USA for 21+ years, I can truly say, "They are truly Worth It". The people are fantastic, the products the very finest available for the price, and the benefits are incredible. Early on advancement came easily for qualified employees. I rose from a contract type employee to P/T, then F/T. With very fair pay increases!
Pros
people
Cons
lay, off, excellent, people