lovisa

lovisa Employee Reviews

Malaysia17 reviews
working place i speaceful and quiet unless peak hours and quite a number of customers. have to think alot oabput the outfits for the day and have to apppropiate.
Just for experiance and i learn a lot from lovisa. Team member was friendly and understanding, ill able to communicate more without any hesitations...
Pros
Teammate
Cons
Management and salary
What i love the most working in Lovisa is the work culture that I have with my store manager and other team members. We had fun working together. All are team player. Everyday giving the best. There was never a day that we dont enjoy. But there some things are not favor to hear. You will know when you work there.
The only thing good about this company is my colleagues. The rest are just trash; especially my regional manager was super manipulative and a toxic person honestly. The only thing they want from you is to drain you out, with the sales and floor plan updates. The staff discount isn’t even that good considering all the things they’re selling are just overpriced low quality junk. They don’t value their employees and their entire management just is a mess. 10/10 would NEVER recommend anyone working here nor to purchase from here. TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT THANKS TO THE UPPER MANAGEMENT.
good management,fun work environment, good quality of staff benefits and welfare.. just working hour to short and cannot make more per month. other no problem at all
I love to work at lovisa because i love to dress up and love to help people and i love to enjoy my work everyday .Discount for staff 👍got many choice❤
Pros
Especially in short
Advantages
i learn a lots in here. How to be stylish, to make customer impress about our style and to make customer buy our products. in here i also have to make sure, average dollar of our store not drop.
Pros
No dress code. Free to style
Cons
limit time, short break
I've managed to not only develop the skills that I have learnt from my previous employment but learn new things from my employers. I was able to learn the distinction between different standards of giving customer service. As Lovisa is a company that originated from Australia, the motto has always been "customer always comes first". Lovisa's workforce is women-dominated. Hence, I've had the privilege to work amongst strong, independent women.
Pros
New skills learnt
Cons
If you love dressing up, not sitting in front of a desk then this is the place for you. Getting all dolled-up like you're going on a date. Having to enjoy your employee discount!
Pros
Employee discoutn
Cons
Long hours, no team dinner/lunches, bad management
Other part than a good team. Working here is way bad idea than you think. It seems fun to work here because of what they make you think. The upper management is really suck. Sometimes they let you alone in the store without other team member and they make you multitask even there is something big need to be done.

Also they let you stay working overtime when your work is not finish and what is worst they won't pay you on this. The working hour is very long, sometimes you have to work 11 hours with only one hour break.

The upper manager only interact through whatsapp and sometimes they insult you with bad words such as (dumb, stupid and also they use the F words). Last 2 months they fired most of the Store manager in most of the store and they use a stupid reason to terminate them, they don't pay them with their full salary and some of them also not being paid. So if you want to work here, think again.
Pros
Big discount on products
Cons
Sucks management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at lovisa?
The most enjoyable part of my working experience in Lovisa is being able to meet new people and communicate with them as their friend and stylist which also indirectly exposes me to new cultures and opportunities
The nature of the job is great, selling jewelry, interacting with people, running a store etc. I work part time and the other girls I've gotten to work with are wonderful too.

Management has no ethics. You can clearly tell the upper management has little trust in their store managers, let alone their team members. You work quite closely with your regional/state manager (through WhatsApp) because they need to see through every single thing within a store, and bark down orders/insults when something doesn't meet their expectation.

There is no overtime pay, you are paid per hour, yet they don't allow you to leave until you complete every single task they hand you. Many of us have had experience staying past/arriving earlier than our rostered work hours just to get the work done. I would understand if a full time team member did this, but when part time team members are paid strictly per hour, this is just unfair.

Everyday, they measure how good you are at your job by the amount of pieces you sell from a fixed range. They record how many you manage to sell, and yet, you don't get any commission for sales from this range.

Only worth it to work here if you join as a store manager or any position above this level. Part time team members are just subordinates to them, and there are quite a large of percentage of us who come & go because it is not worth it to stay in the long run.
Pros
Staff purchase discount; Learning from job experience
Cons
Horrible upper management
I love to work with lovisa because they are practice ato be a urban life, be yourself,confident, happy environment, happy selling and tge important thing is happy styling to the client, i love to do that.
Pros
great team member discount
Cons
no problem at all
Working culture was good as bosses and staffs are helpful and corporation with each other. Given break when you work on full shift. Get to manage other stores when your boss is on leave.
Pros
Got finish hours that are add on as overtime
Cons
Store is not close early to have annual or Christmas dinner
Lovisa (M) Sdn Bhd has been a great platform for individual to learn and expand knowledge in sales and retail industry. Many tips and selling techniques were taught throughout one year plus journey.
Pros
Employee Benefit/Great Cultures
Cons
Lack of Employee
If you love working with amazing team and a fun working enviroment. Lovisa would the the place. Amazing discount for all Lovisa Jewellery and a great place to learn about styling and building great relations with your customer.
Pros
Staff discount
I had fun learning from Lovisa which includes work fun with the other team members. It was enjoyable to help customers pick out accessories according to their fashion. However, the Regional Manager had no respect towards us employees and was very manipulative of situations which in resulted a few of us getting into arguments with her as a point of defending ourselves. She took it as an offense and force us to send in our resignation letter. A few of us decided to try to apply again and she rejected informing our names are blacklisted. Getting into an argument is not a big of an offense to get us blacklisted.
Pros
Benefits, Team Members, Work environment
Cons
Regional Manager Treatment