Maersk

Maersk Employee Reviews

Malaysia9 reviews
I am thankful to those people who belived in me especially my OIM 's who promoted me as a Camp Boss and supported me all the way on my productive stint
Everyday will be focus more on the goal and KPI for each department. can learn a lot from the culture and gain a lot of knowledge. The management is okay. the culture there is less interactions from others.
This company choose their candidate based on their PLI's test which I think it is completely irrelevant. First you have to answer 50 questions in 12 minutes. Multiple questions consist of mathematics, case scenarios, language and etc. Plus you have to sit for the test twice. One is at your own place and after you passed, they will called you and briefly interviewed you then if you are shortlisted they will ask you to go to their office and sit for another PLI test which is ridiculous because you just have to go there and sit for the online assessment and the time given for the test is only 12 minutes then you can go back home and wait for them to inform you about the results. If you did not pass the test then you would not have to proceed for the interview even though you already been shortlisted after the phone interview.

My question would be, how can you determine a candidate capabilities and expertise for the position they applied by relying 100% to the PLI test which nothing got to do with the job's scope at all? I mean like if the person have more than 15 years of experience and they did not pass the test then they are not suitable? Seriously? Shame on you Maersk. Such a well known and well established logistics company with poor recruitment procedures.
Was sailing on board Maersk vessels from container vessels to VLCC. Alot of exposure to current technologies and with good working culture on board.

Team work culture is very strong with good values instilled by the company.
working as family environment. get more experience and working knowledge. employees caring each other, share the knowledge as a team. strong in team work.
Prepare of cheque
Received cheque and bank in cheque

Do document filing

Assist for audit job. Travel to other state for 1week or less depends of branch auditing
Pros
Outstation allowance
Great experienced gained throughout the service within the the company with a huge potential in shipping line company. Consists of multiracial employees and all of them strive for the best in order to achieve company goals.
I did learn a lot from this workplace, harmony workplace and seniors are willing to help. The most enjoy part of the job is I am able to dealing with customers from other country. It could expand my social- circle..
Pros
free movies
Maersk purport to have the welfare of there employees but, do not and if at any time an employee questions HR they are released from contract.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maersk?