Malayan Banking Berhad (Maybank)

Malayan Banking Berhad (Maybank) Employee Reviews

Stressful but fun because they really taking care of you in a team.I learned how to achieve daily target.No interest with culture in workplace cause still sameThe hardest part is when i have to assist customer that dont know how to speak Malay & English
Cons
I like to work at Maybank Investment Bank as I have good friends and Team Leader that guide me during my internships. They are kind, passionate and professional. It was a very challenging experience as I have to learn as fast as I can in the department.
Working at the bank was a good experience . It was my first serving job and I got the hang of things pretty fast . Only thing I did not like was there was never any full time hours for me to have .A lovely place to work. I loved the residents and that the job varied everyday. The company provided insurance at a very reasonable cost. The work environment was amazing.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Health care and safety
As Sales Consumer Executive, we have to process mortgage, ASB financing, credit card and will writing. It seems easy at first, but sales as we all know, skills is very important. Product knowledge must always in head and avoid making miscomunicated or wrongly advise to the customer. Process must be fast and most cases must be done in 1 day. This is fast pace working environment, you must process is fast since all the customer need loan as soon as possible. Very challenging and also fun if you can do it. Very recommend to a person who have skills in selling.
Pros
A lot of benefit
Cons
Very high target to achieve
Well established organisation and has been the most profitable & best managed Bank in Malaysia for decades. The work culture is well developed organically. Pretty stressful but well coordinated for maximising productivity
Pros
Market leader for salary & benefits in banking industry
Cons
Tendency of work overload, due to very high expectations for internal and external customers satisfaction ratings
Friendly environment. When it comes to work, everyone is serious but they are very helpful when doing the project together. No issue with the management. Everything went smooth. The workplace culture here is not that strict. It all depends on the team's boss. Not stressful at all when working here, at least for me.
I found Maybank management are really good in terms on how they take care of their staff benefits. The culture not really stressful and yet staff need to know what their top management want from them.
Very good wroking enviroment. Benefit is among the best in banking industry company in Malaysia. Management is humanising. Working with more than 30yrs ecperience and covered all department. Looking for better offer Cal me to hire..asap
One of the main skills and knowledge that I managed to pick up is the great use of Microsoft Excel for data entry. The pay is quite reasonable for a contract employee. The culture is stressful and fast-paced as you are expected to stay back after working hours. The hardest part of the job is bosses having unreasonable expectations of results from daily tasks given. However, one of the things I enjoyed the most is I managed to pick up some valuable skills and made new friends and new connections.
Nice work place.Mecial card ia unlimited.Salary is high compared to others in the same field but i have to sell insurance and have high target.I will improve my skill sets.
Pros
medical card unlimited
Cons
target
My previous working at maybank islamic berhad was a fun workplace, every staff have all their own job but they willing to teach thew new staff or the new person in their team.
Pros
Friend, benefits
Cons
Didn’t want to absorb intern/protege to contract or permenant
Experience in keeping a track of the financial transactions for MFRS16 by reconcile process, preparing accounting ledgers, reconciling invoice and performing various other ad hoc financial task.
Pros
Kind boss and colleagues, Free food
Cons
Difficult vacancy for permanent position, No pantry
A nice, conducive workplace with high team spirit even it's very challenging towards achieving centre goals and objectives. An organization with clear direction which always cultivate positive work culture.
- Strict Controls - High Competition - Need very High Technical skill to work there - Must be on-time to work -Wonderful bonus, Up to 6months -No work life balance -Good Pay
Good place for fresh graduates to work. Management a bit lousy and, working hours can up to 13hrs including OT due to daily workloads. Not recommended for married people.
Good interpersonal relationship between staff and Management is always applied at Maybank. Staff knows the Management direction and willingly working hard to achieved the goal. One can never have any bad but only good memories left behind upon retirement.
I was instrumental in developing several research papers and internal work materials. I was also involved in day-to-day corporate strategy work. I was assigned a research work that entailed a solo presentation to members of management.
Competitive and secured with good facility. Company advance on good training. Good benefits for the staff such as increament, bonus and medical benefit.
Must be competitive person. Should have problem solving skills. Must be fast paced. Good benefits provided. Excellent working environment. Well management
It's very challenging and a whole new level of experiences. An eye opener for graduates. Must have a patience to learn everything and learn it face which need to push to your limits
During my internship, I had good mentorship from my supervisor about the details of business intelligence, data warehousing and management. Quite a friendly place to work at.