Malaysiakini

Malaysiakini Employee Reviews

Malaysia4 reviews

2.8Salary & Benefits

Fast paced everyday with helpful and supportive colleague and bosses

Having people to teach and support you is truly motivating to learn, work and explore more. Cafe food is good, easy to get your lunch. Have chill place to nap in case if you have long working hours in the office. And no need to pay parking.

Pros

Colleague are friendly and willing to teach you

Mind-critical and always on alert for news

The time I worked for Malaysiakini came at an awkward period where the company is shifting between its old office in Bangsar to its current location in Petaling Jaya. The old office was average; everyone does whatever they can in getting jobs done on time with precision. There is little incentive or facilities provided; everyone is obliged to know what they need to do whatever it takes to get the day by. This gave me a sense of independence in helping out whatever I can. The new office is much more pleasant, but I spent little time to immerse myself in it before my tenure is over.

Pros

Strict and yet diligent employers, able to learn and pick up local political discourse, learning to be independent

Cons

I spent too little time to learn sufficiently; lack of incentives provided

Very productive work environment

It was an honor working there as i learned a lot on the political arena. It gets hectic from time to time but the work environment was excellent. The management was also very flexible and very accommodating.

Pros

Flexible work enviroment

Cons

Sometimes the assignment / news angle given was unclear

It's a good play to work

For journalist team, they get really packed schedule and they emphasize timeliness so much then you have to be a quick hand if you want to catch up the pace. For advertising department, more regular working hours and less pressure. Actually more benefits.

Cons

not a good working location if you dont have a car

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Malaysiakini. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Malaysiakini Reviews by Location

Learn about Malaysiakini in popular locations

• Malaysiakini
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?