Marriott International, Inc.
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

You’re seeing reviews in Chicago, IL based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Worked with the customers daily to assure their special request were met. The management team was excellent and readily available to assist when necessary
Marriott is a great company to work for. They take pride in making sure their associates are happy and taken care of. I loved their motto “put people first.”
Pros
Service, professional
Cons
Short breaks
Muy bueno, solo hay que conocer el trabajo y las leyes laborales pero sobre todo saber cuáles son tus obligaciones y cuáles no.
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
Tus líderes aveses se aprovechan de tus ganas de trabajar y sobresalir
I was recently employed to Marriott. They're very caring in what you want to do with your career give you the opportunity to grow and help you along the way.
Excellent benefits, pay is good. Male cocaisons have more opportunities in the company. Not happy when Sodexho became our new employer because some benefits were taken away.
At the Westin hotel I learned to worked with others everyday I was there. I learned something new constantly. Great place for personal growth and experience.
The Marriott is one of the best companies I’ve worked for. Diverse and fun environment. Most mangers are approachable and nice and have a open door policy
You have to sacrifice happiness for money. Family time and holiday time are comprised for this non- stop driven company and business. If you have no regard for these things you'll love it.
Pros
Adequate pay
Cons
Long hours and overwhelming responsibly.
Marriott has a culture of that flows through all hotels. The data Marriott can provide is excellent and available for clients. There is a system that loyalty will assist with promotion. The best part of the job was the remote nature of the role.
One of the best places I have worked at. The sense of community, positivity, and team work are all excellent. coworkers are a joy to be around and management is understanding and helpful. Excellent place to learn. Most people make a lifetime career out of working for this company.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, food, free parking, and benefits
Cons
Usually far from where you live
The staff works as a family, management is supportive and has a clear goal to what needs to be achieved. Overal if you're looking for a job in hospitality, it's a place to go, being the largest hotel company in the world.
Working for the Marriott has been a successful career and a pleasant place to be employed it offers great benefits and dependent on what hotel you work at the benefits are great.
My review is that I have been working for Marriott for almost eight years. I currently work as a server and I perform excellent customer service with my guests.
Didn’t like the seniority union they had, gets really slow but pays well, managers sometimes only care about the guests and housekeeping team gets the worst half
El trabajo es fuerte y exigente, pero muchas veces no tienen las herramientas necesarias para que el empleado pueda hacer su trabajo correctamente. Según las leyes laborales de Chicago y la empresa, el empleado tiene derecho a 30 minutos de almuerzo y 30 minutos de break (divididos en 15 minutos), pero el trabajo era tanto que difícilmente se podían tomar los breaks. A parte de eso, el personal era muy amable y respetuoso. Mi experiencia con ellos, a pesar de todo, fue buena y volvería a trabajar con ellos, si solucionaran esos detalles.
Be prepared to work. Easy work. But a lot of work. I've been working for Marriott properties put 12 years. Finally took the leap over to corporate Marriott the last 7 months. Wish I would have transferred earlier. Man seniority start over 7 months ago.
I loved working for this company they are very good people they there to help all they employees they eork with you is you have a problem go to them!
No one will teach you to humble yourself by the values you give to a job.things can be bad but you can overcome it by being responsible and willing to learn.opportunity in Marriott can become a value if you are what Marriott gives as an idea.
great workplace environment and opportunity for growth. Benefits are great. Learned a lot from working in different departments. Ability to move to different areas with ease.
Management was excellent. Marriott takes great care of their employees. though at times could be hectic, always felt supported by the team. hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult guests. Learned a TON here.
Great benefits and 401k options. Room to grow. Very flexible with many career options if relocating. Educational classes offered to improve performance.