Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Marriott is a great company to work for. They take pride in making sure their associates are happy and taken care of. I loved their motto “put people first.”
Pros
Service, professional
Cons
Short breaks
Yeah my overall experience working for Marriott international, definitely a good learning experience, The pay was good the work environment was nice, Just a great company to work for.
Marriott International is an amazing company to work for, but it just wasn't for meant for me in the long term. I would certainly recommend this company as a place of employment to anyone. They have great benefits for anyone seeking long term employment with them. However the politics involved at the location I was assigned to, I could have certainly done without.
The culture at Marriott International is top-notch. At the specific property that I worked at, everyone was very cohesive and worked well together and overall it was a very productive work environment.
I love this company they care about the job being done, but they care about their employees more. And in return we as employees care for the guest. Awesome work place.
Best place to work. The managers, ceo and staff are wonderful. They are for the people in which shows. The discounts and perks are awesome. If your looking to grow with a company you can find it here.
Pros
Great benefits/work life balance
Cons
You have to work most weekends
The Review was not listed I am unable to descirbe my typical day at work. I have no idea what I learned I have no new information on management. The work pace clutuer.
fast paced, but you have to work at your pace to figure out how to make the job more easier for you. enjoyable part are when you assist people and the say something good about you to your manager
Pros
food
Cons
lazy employers
I really loved working for Marriott. Plenty room for growth as long as you perform well in your current work assignment and work it for atleast 6 months you can switch to a different position. They even have a tuition reimbursement program!
Horrible leadership and work culture. They act like they care but just keep adding more to your job and less to theirs. The only thing upper level management cares about is where they are going for happy hour. Wayyyyyy more better companies to work for. DONT DRINK THE RENAISSANCE KOOLAID!!!
I had a very bad experience working here. I started off loving it, helping set up all room from scratch considering it was a new hotel that wasn’t open to the public yet. Moving forward when we opened management changed, we wasn’t being treated fair and some of our supervisors was taking our tips before we got to our departure rooms. We had no one to talk up for us considering we didn’t have a union
The company was so nice good paying good with good medicate good managers and supervisors with nice accommodation,I learnt a lot from Marriott like working as team, how to handle guests.
Great place to work; exciting place to be which is located downtown. celebrities come in from time to time. great area for shopping near Michigan ave.
This is a company that is there is room for growth . great benefits and discounts.Friendly work environment with an reputation that is well known all around the world.
I have worked in the kitchens of a few Marriott properties. My overall perception of the company is very good. They offer good pay, good benefits/vacation package, and outstanding travel discounts. My experience from one hotel to another varied greatly. I loved my job and managers at one hotel but completely loathed both at another. Unfortunately you do not know what type of experience you will have until you take the job. I called it quits most recently after being worked 60-95 hrs a week continuously and being overlooked for a promotion despite my hard work.
Nice working environment. Excellent management Wonderful associate team Tram work Work and life balance Would recommend to all my friends and family
I worked for Starwood at this and I absolutely loved my job, my team members and management. It was a place of real collaboration with all hotel departments
Pros
discounts
Cons
Going on 10 years with Marriott International. Only the second major company I have worked for and it would take something truly amazing to leave. But i'm always open to a conversation.
Just because people are given management roles, doesn't mean they are able to do their jobs or know how to do their jobs. The work is fast paced and a great place to learn to do large banquets and production.
Marriott was the best job ever i had so much fun. the staff was the best the work environment make you feel good about the place you work for one of the top ten cleanest place you can ever work for in your life.
Working at Marriott has been a wonderful and enjoyable experience. The coworkers are great and I am able to interact with guests from around the world. Management offers support and encouragement.
Pros
benefits, coworkers
Cons
pay and hours