Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Marriott is a great company to work for. They take pride in making sure their associates are happy and taken care of. I loved their motto “put people first.”
Pros
Service, professional
Cons
Short breaks
I truly loved and enjoyed my job with Marriott Hotels. The work environment, management team and benefits provided by Marriott are second to none. I would very much like to work for Marriott again in my career.
Apply for Marriott best in the hospitality business right now they top Hilton 30 years ago. H.r is the voice of the people at Marriott. I have left tried other companies but the care I get from Marriott is nothing like it in this industry.
I love working for Marriott! Its a great company to work for and they train you very well in customer service and relations. They have opportunities for advancement!
Benefits
Cons
slow season
on a day to day I do my audit side of things as well as front desk agent duties. managers could be a bit more personal. My manager who went back to her old property didnt even say or make it a point to say good bye in an email or say that we would still have her support which she never showed.
Pros
free lunch, good pay, full benifts, pto
Cons
managers suck are not personal
Long hours, short staffed. Meetings. Corporate red tape. Marriott "lifers" not very welcoming of new staff. Change is difficult to implement. Pay and benefits are fair.
Pros
pay, benefoits, gym
Cons
long hours, corporate red tape
Worked with the customers daily to assure their special request were met. The management team was excellent and readily available to assist when necessary
The company is great overall, offers great benefits and has a promising future for those who are willing to work hard and make the necessary sacrifices to advance into the positions desired. Work-life balance its the major con of working in the hospitality/hotel industry because it is a year round business and you have to be willing to work hard and work often. Other than that, keep a positive attitude and good things can come from that anywhere you work.
Pros
free lunch, uniform and upkeep
Cons
daily weekly schedule
Excellent benefits! Emloyees who go above and beyond their general expectations are recognized and appreciated! Happy employees make a very pleasant working enviornment. Marriott realized production of employees was doubled when they enjoy their work environment and reflected to the guests!
Pros
Benefits, pay, work environment
Cons
It's very fast paced with friendly coworkers. You get great benefits, 401k plus get 2 hours vacation time per week! Yearly raises are very competitive.
Being an employee for over 7 years with Marriott/Sage. Has had its perks up and downs There is constant change which is normal. But when it comes to management here at my property, it has come very political and hard for advancement. But you take the good with the bad and make the best of what you have!
Pros
Discounts are a very nice perk
Cons
management/political
This is a brand new and hotel that is a beautiful part of the skyline. It is a flagship of the Marriott Brand. Just like any new hotel it takes a year to get it running smooth and work out the kinks. The future is bright.
Very friendly staff to work with. A little difficult to know which direction management is going. Work daily and it changes to different strategy, confusing leadership
The place where i learned to do multi tasking. We learned how to do time management. My former supervisor knew what's the meaning of married life, giving me extra days off when my kids was sick or in the hospital. Work environment was nice helping each other. most enjoyable part, once a year we had summer outing where everybody enjoyed
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad administration
Overall a good experience working with W Hotels. Very cookie cutter with no ability to think outside the box. Everything is instruction based with a manufactured experience.
Employees are nice and try to be helpful.There are too many meetings that seem to be focused on wrong priorities. Staffing is poor. To better serve customers there should be more staff. Training could've been better with starwood to Marriott merge.
Pros
Free gym, free lunch and cafeteria staff is awesome. Charity events and wellness. Staff great
Cons
Seems like they are saving and not enough employees. too many meetings and paperwork for managers
An average day for a manager is 10+hours, and the work place can be fast paced and stressful. However, the company provides great benefits, and job security.
Pros
Job security and active HR
Cons
Long Days with very low annual raises
high energy high impact fast-paced semi stressful but fulfilling needs however, management needs to do a better job at respecting the employees and appreciating them.Otherwise it is a nice place to work i enjoy when we work as a team. A typical workday starts at 6am and ends at 2:30pm
Pros
great location
Cons
mangement
I enjoyed working with Marriott, during my earlier years with the company. We had good benefits and were treated as part of the family. Marriott bought Sodexho and things changed, since Sodexho managed all other divisions except for the hotels. Most of the benefits were taken away and it seemed that THE GOOD OLD BOYS were the ones getting promotions. I learned alot working with Marriott. When I started with Marriott did not know much about the kitchen and cafeteria but, I was given the opportunity to learn on the job and for that I will always be grateful to Marriott.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Working for Sodexho
Marriott holds true to there creed of hospitality service. I have always been made to feel like family everytime. Management is always on the ready to train continuously. Manager never feel they are above putting in ground level work which is awesome. knowing that you are apart of something big to bring joy and entertainment to guest is the most joyous feeling in any workplace.
Overall great company to work for. There could have more opportunity offered to those who were non-management but they often went for outside sources.