Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Marriott is a great company to work for. They take pride in making sure their associates are happy and taken care of. I loved their motto “put people first.”
Pros
Service, professional
Cons
Short breaks
I LOVED MY TEAM I WORKED WITH NO MATTER WHAT DEPARTMENT I WAS in everyone was very nice and helpful at all times the location was great and i loved the way our team helped each other
Marriott Marquis has taught me patience and helped me gain the necessary skills needed to become a positive asset in the workplace. Also, I had the opportunity to build delightful relationships with others here at the Marriott.
Enjoyed working and meeting new and interesting people. It also helped me to focus on new and different inciting things in learning new situations with working with different backgrounds of people.
The culture really taught me a lot about customer service and how to be prepared for anything. My job required me to, not just know MY job in and out, but to know about all other aspects of the hotel as well. That way, if I didn't have the answer to someone's questions, I knew who would.
A day would start with a round of checking the building equipment and doing the pool tests. Twice a week of setting the building fan schedules. The remainder of the day would be working on PMs. or filling in on room calls for unfilled positions. I learned about our new BAS niagra system. The management at the hotel went from cooperative to budget cutting to the bare bone for the last few years. The work force was decreased while additions to the facility increase the amount of equipment and work load. It became impossible to complete all work required by the computer generated PM program that corporate issued. I enjoyed teaching the young engineers and apprentices on the hands on repair and maintenance of the equipment.
Pros
Much of the staff would work with you.
Cons
The work load and lac of a budget made things rough.
I'm sure the brand it self may be a little more productive than the subsidiary chain that I particularly work for. If you are planning on joining the company, make sure you do your research on the specific location you will be working for first.
Relaxing atmosphere place The company provide work and life balance Training and development opportunity The company recognize the employees for job well done. Good benefits
My overall experience at this hotel was an learning obstacle for both myself and my co workers. I feel That the Mariott was a place for growth and they treated their employees very well . There benefits were outstanding and my managers were also very helpful. I felt i was a wonderful asset to the company and i think that if i can return back to the Mariott hotel I think I would.
Pros
Benefits and the employees
Cons
None i enjoyed daily challenges.
Marriott believe in the host, they have a great opportunities to advance your career. They also have a work and home balance life. The insurance it’s one of the best
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Short breaks
IT WS AN OK COMPANY TO WORK FOR. I could've done without the management. The hotel in general was very discriminative and prejudice towards customers and employees.
This is a really good company to work for. They offer good wages, fair benefits, and an amazing company culture. Employees are treated as members of a team, and are continuously developed. They promote from within and always have opportunities for advancement.
Westin is my favorite hotel brand. i had an amazing crew that were able to help me. I had a great leader that took the time to come meet with me and clarify my goals. Managers were always available for the staff. The culture at the Westin was amazing. The hardest thing at the Westin was keeping the bellman busy when we were slow. My favorite thing at this hotel was how all associates and manager were trying to help us .
Pros
PTO was great. we also had an amazing
The typical day was difficult with a short staff. I learned how to take care of staff. I was lacking guidance from the GM. We had to communicate with other leaders. The hardest part of the job was not havng a GM. We could not get approval for change that was needed. The best pat of the job was dealing with customer. I loved dealing with my team, also.
Pros
free lunch, Great associates
Cons
no GM to handle my my inquires.
Love the atmosphere and the people, very understanding staff and company, great benefits, plenty room to grow and move up. Very fair with advancements
Benefits
Cons
Overtime
Very busy hotel with a great location and staff. Great team to work with and also ability to cross train with other departments to excel more in the hospitality industry.
A good place to work . They listened to your ideas and always made sure you knew your efforts were appreciated . They encouraged improvisation and left you a free hand (example : we were allowed to create our own daily specials)as long as things were working smoothly .
Pros
Good coworkers, good management
Cons
A new management company came in and changed many things for the worse
I had the opportunity to travel and work in many different hotels. My position was task force chef and I opened several hotels and assisted in many hotels both domestically and in the Caribbean
Pros
opportunity to learn, travel
Cons
away from home for long periods of time
Great culture. Shame that Marriott took over. Starwood had great leadership, work life balance and opportunity for growth. On to new things for all of us
Fast paced, able to work independently,able to ultilize and sharpen bartending skills,able to interact with customers from all over the world, management was reliable,helpful.good pay, good benefit package,
Pros
Good pay, exceptional benefit package, fun enviroment
Cons
no cons
Majority of the time job is fast pace, everyone is usually help each other and the environment is friendly place to work. Management is fair and easy to talk to.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Inconsistent with break times - sometimes we don't get a break