Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Account Executive

I have worked for both Marriott franchise and corporate divisions for more than 20 years and it's by far the best hotel organization. I have always been proud to work for Marriott and found that my experience transfers to other industries as well.
lots of daily autonomy to complete and achieve sales objectives; 40 hours of annual training in interesting, fun locations across the country; reachable 3, 6, 12-month sales objectives with nice bonuses in most cases; great leaders who encourage you and provide critical & positive feedback to make you a better salesperson.... to obtain objectives.
Pros
can work from home, plan work days, good amount of vacation to start and along the way
Cons
tedious tracking of sales activities, efforts at times; too many sales meetings too
Marriott has a culture of that flows through all hotels. The data Marriott can provide is excellent and available for clients. There is a system that loyalty will assist with promotion. The best part of the job was the remote nature of the role.
it was great exprience working i such reputable organization. I got chance to learn a lot with my seniors. and attempt international certificate via online training.
I learned everything about sales from Marriott International! Great place to work and grow! I resigned for personal reasons and would totally return to MI one day in the future.
I have a ambition ... To do job in this hotel.. It is my life desire .. to want to do job here... It's is a one biggest and Royal hotel in this world.
Excellent company, great product Sold Marriott International hotel rooms globally to 30 fortune 500 companies inside the United States and abroad.
My day started out with returning emails, calls, and setting up appointments. What I learned from working for Marriott is that it's more than just putting "heads in beds". It's building relationships with people and helping out with a need. Management was average. There was never a straight direction unfortunately. Too many changes month after month. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the monthly changes. Once management decided to go in one direction- they changed course and decided to go in another direction. The best part about the job was the co-workers. Friendships that will last forever. The people are terrific.
Pros
Working with UMD, building business, building relationships, helping people with needs
Cons
Constant changes, moral was down
Flexible schedule. There is a system for everything, which can be good or bad depending on your work style.
Pros
Incredible amounts of data available for analysis.
Cons
Too system oriented which delays the decision making process.
TMSH was a good hotel to work for, I enjoyed my co workers and clients. I left right before a large remodel and hear that it looks amazing now.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Cons
Low pay, flooded market
I loved my job here. The environment was productive and the Hotel was in a nice location.
Loved my 9 years at Marriott and really moved up quick in the company.
I'm very happy that I had the chance to work in Armenia Marriott Hotel Yerevan. Being one of the most leading hospitality companies in the world, Marriott taught me a lot about the core values of Hospitality and the Hotel Management itself. My workdays were full of meetings as i was working as Sales Account Executive and I really enjoyed the cooperation with my team members.
I loved the employee benefits working for Marriott and my specific position allowed me the work/life balance that many dream of. I enjoyed working with many different types of associates and clients.
I joined Marriott after working for a smaller company, I learned a great deal of knowledge and experience in sales and customer relations working at Marriott as an Account Executive. It certainly is a different culture with quite a bit of internal processes compare to a smaller company. Great sales training and available online classes.If you are in a certain brand of Marriott there aren't too many options for growth.
Pros
experience working in a very large corporation, process oriented, customer oriented
Cons
no growth opportunity