Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Engineer

handle daily maintenance issues with alot of interaction with customers. I enjoyed working with my fellow co workers and formed lasting friendships as well.
I only was with the company for 13 months before I was furloughed.I enjoyed the job, thought I had found my home, then covid struckThe management iny department where great and the people I worked with where friendly, accepting and very helpfulAny other people I interacted with where also great
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Communication bad during furlough
Marriott International puts us the workers first ...the thought is if the workers are happy the joy will be contagious & will carry over to the guest .and i believe true happiness radiates differently than manufactured mechanicle kindness..... real joy will just flow naturally ....when I ask ia guest is there anything else I can do for you? I mean it, I want to do more for them. Or we would say thanks for choosing Residence Inn ..ment that too.we are a team ...building each other sopporting each other. team = family
Pros
Genuinely care about you. move up from inside the ranks
Cons
only 24 hrs in a day....
Always learning something new the learning never stops! Great team and support from everyone on the engineering dept everyone is always help ya do friendly
Great place to work. Benefits are great and are very inexpensive. Flexible with schedules when requesting days off or wanting to go on vacation. Everyone treated equally.
At the Westin hotel I learned to worked with others everyday I was there. I learned something new constantly. Great place for personal growth and experience.
During the integration of the merger and acquisition of a new company, the management should properly handle to avoid the resistance of the employee and maintain the Vision and Mission to sick people first to take care of our employees to produce expert and employment sustainability.
I loved going to work each day knowing I would meet great new people and regular customers. I worked with great coworkers and made life long friends. Management does a great job recognising hard working task oriented employees. There are plenty of promotion opportunities.
Plenty of work to do for the day employees are great . Management does not help or encourage employees unappreciative , treat like servantstrtrlikservants like sla
Very very friendly and helpful people are working at Marriott, if you're looking for happy and smiling faces you must join at marriott carriers definitely worth a try.
It is a toxic work environment...more people leave than stay...top 5% of management is all for itself...always had to be watching my back with supervisors.
Best job I've ever had. Strongly recommend for those people who wants to most of their life. Friendly environment no stress at all. Very professional management.
IT Management are utterly incompetent, chasing trends while trying to cut costs, trying to square the circle with outsourcing and offshoring. If you like a frantic and idiotic work environment, this is the place for you.
Apart from a few individuals in maintenance department the Marriott County Hall was a wonderful place to work for. From HR, to Front of House, Housekeeping , Room Service and the Gym I've met some wonderful people and I miss them...
Loved working at the Westin/Marriot in Edmonton. Great Maintenance/Operations Dept Crew. Would still be there if we didn't move across the country. :)
I enjoyed working there. I meet a lot of people . They do a lot for their employees . A typical day of work for me was either checking villas that people are checking out of or renting bikes
The Marriott is a good place to work, with great benefits, and competitive pay. It does seem however that the people who do less get recognized more and rewarded.
Pros
Paid health Insurance
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Working at the Marriott was a rewarding experience from day one. I will always feel proud to say I worked at the Marriott and am forever grateful for the knowledge acquired while working there. If you have the chance to work there you should feel blessed.
The managers went above and beyond for their employees. Paid vacations after a year, holiday bonus, opportunities for advancement. Staff was friendly and worked as a team. Enjoyed working there!
I made a lot of friends and I was always happy to work there it was my second house, the squelcheduled was great and I always get the days off when I requested it.
Marriott is the best company to work for, work is easy team work positive people, company cares for it employees. Management is willg to work withj all employes to their personal issues and wants to make them grow within the company