Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Engineering Technician

My daily responsibility was rooms painting/touchups and various pop ups. They have various opportunities for training and outside school. Advancement in my trade is limited because no on leaves
Pros
Pay is good. Coworkers get along well.
Cons
Recessions/layoffs
Although I loved this job the lack of training I received. I was hired as maintenance man however was a daily painter with limited room calls daily. I felt I could have learned more and was excited too but was not given opportunity even after speaking to management.
You have to sacrifice happiness for money. Family time and holiday time are comprised for this non- stop driven company and business. If you have no regard for these things you'll love it.
Pros
Adequate pay
Cons
Long hours and overwhelming responsibly.
Learned different skills and challenge to manage own multiple task even if working with the other engineering staff, share and take trainings, can learn to prepare or schedule own task daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and semiannual. Can create or fabricate additional equipment and tools while performing mechanical, electrical or plumbing works.
That's a very nice place lobby is excellent, management is great and our engineering team is outstanding. We have a nice pool, and a very nice fitness where guest can go workout 24/7
Managment make you belive that he cares for you but avious they don't, annual raise is 3% of your salary that would be about $0.45-$0.50 a year if your lucky enough to get one. In my position as Engineering I was working 3rd shift and when I needed PTO it was a sttuggle to get it since nobody wanted to cover my shift. To get sick you need to be duying in order to be off for the same reason nobody wants to cover your shift. Would never let you change shifts and your stuck with it for as long as your there.
Pros
Diacounted hotels and free lunch.
Cons
Shift and managment.
it was very fun and exciting i had a chance to meek people from different countries cities and states co workers and management team is very nice its all a round a very good company to work for.
It is not so balance in the working lifestyle.Meed to be more strict in attendance and be more fair towards the workers.Need to improve the team spirut too.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Some are not punctual.
I learned how to control the chiller and understand the cooling tower system while maintaining the function. plumbing and water tank, exhaust fan, fan coil unit, AHU, kitchen equipment, electrical basic, backwash swimming pool, attend room side deffect,
Pros
free lunch & dinner
Cons
clean cut button up clock in. Start by checking logs pools boiler room fire sprinkler inspections. Elevator checks, FAU, and plumbing repairs while assisting with guest issues. Management was poor, not following up with projects. Hardest part of my job was getting the wi-fi to connect for guests. Finishing an ongoing project was the most enjoyable.
Pros
Employee Meal
Cons
Mangement
if youre looking for an entry level handyman job, they will train you. overall decent place to work. not much to complain about overall, but it can always be better.
New executive staff is needed in order to make this property great again. Other than that the place is great to work for as long as you fall in line..
Pros
Nice property
Cons
Managment
The job was fine at first because you are happy to have a job, but when it comes to advancement, there is none " just be patient" is what I was told,
Understanding equipment and the proper maintenance ensure maximum efficiency will minimal coast to the company. Attending to concerns by management and completing all tasks.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities - Great company culture - Fun co-workers
Cons
If you work at the property level, it can be hard to maintain a good work/life balance
Great place to lear abaut real costumer service .and the company provide a semminars to improve your jod skills ,improved your adknowloged abaut you speciality
Pros
Great benefits
my skills will benefit all I work on boilers , chillers , presser, motors , and various other machines and electric. looking to continue to excell
Pros
i do good
Cons
i can solve each and any promblum, everythink i learned in engineering deparment everythink i did, i work with six co-workers,still not came in across, oprating chiller plant,boiler,wtp & attend the complient which is enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free lunches etc.
Cons
healtcare etc.
A culture that is not of normality. No room for advancement. No communication from management. Poor working hours. No training opportunities.
I enjoyed working for Marriott. The position was very good fulfilling.