Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent in Chicago, IL

Marriott is a great company to work for. They take pride in making sure their associates are happy and taken care of. I loved their motto “put people first.”
Pros
Service, professional
Cons
Short breaks
Working for the Marriott has been a successful career and a pleasant place to be employed it offers great benefits and dependent on what hotel you work at the benefits are great.
Didn’t like the seniority union they had, gets really slow but pays well, managers sometimes only care about the guests and housekeeping team gets the worst half
The company is great overall, offers great benefits and has a promising future for those who are willing to work hard and make the necessary sacrifices to advance into the positions desired. Work-life balance its the major con of working in the hospitality/hotel industry because it is a year round business and you have to be willing to work hard and work often. Other than that, keep a positive attitude and good things can come from that anywhere you work.
Pros
free lunch, uniform and upkeep
Cons
daily weekly schedule
Being an employee for over 7 years with Marriott/Sage. Has had its perks up and downs There is constant change which is normal. But when it comes to management here at my property, it has come very political and hard for advancement. But you take the good with the bad and make the best of what you have!
Pros
Discounts are a very nice perk
Cons
management/political
The large size of the hotel with a lot of check ins and check outs on a daily basis. Large work load for the staff. Great source of experience for those looking to build on a career in hospitality.
Pros
Great location.
Cons
Heavy work load.
It was a great introduction to a fabulous career in hospitality!
A typical work day is greeting and assisting guests, checking guests in accurately and efficiently. I learned that no matter what anybody goes through there is always someone who's in a worse situation , almost everyday someone is undergoing a tough challenge. I also learned a more detailed and in person professional customer service. my co-workers are very understanding and fun to work with.The hardest part of the job is the morning rush and checking guest in as soon as the rooms as soon as they become available sometimes the housekeepers cannot clean rooms as fast as the guest arrive and guest sometimes get restless.The most enjoyable part is helping and being of service to people.
Pros
on site cafeteria with inexpensive lunch!
started as a house keeper moved up to front desk agent I learned about the hospitality business co workers were amazing and so was management hardest part of the job was the slow season most enjoyable was the schedules
Pros
great company, pay and positions
Cons
slow seasons
Wonderful location I worked in operations and loved every minute of it,.
My day starts very busy every morning because every days is different, the hotel is getting busier more than usual. I have learned to work more close to manager to acomplish the company goal. I have been developed more manager skills to advance in my career. The hardest part of my job is to keep the highest the best customer score every week . The best part of my job is create daily strategies to complete my work on time and and to satisfy every customer request.
Pros
great benefits