Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Manager in Chicago, IL

Westin is my favorite hotel brand. i had an amazing crew that were able to help me. I had a great leader that took the time to come meet with me and clarify my goals. Managers were always available for the staff. The culture at the Westin was amazing. The hardest thing at the Westin was keeping the bellman busy when we were slow. My favorite thing at this hotel was how all associates and manager were trying to help us .
Pros
PTO was great. we also had an amazing
The typical day was difficult with a short staff. I learned how to take care of staff. I was lacking guidance from the GM. We had to communicate with other leaders. The hardest part of the job was not havng a GM. We could not get approval for change that was needed. The best pat of the job was dealing with customer. I loved dealing with my team, also.
Pros
free lunch, Great associates
Cons
no GM to handle my my inquires.
Hotels are 24/7 and you are expected to be the same. Very hard to get promoted and recognized. I wish I had chosen something else.
The management is never there to personally assist you. They are simply there to forward their careers.
Pros
Staff lunch, Paid Time off After 6 Months
Cons
Breaks required by law are not give, management is sneaky, No rotating holidays off, Senority is the only way to "advance".
Marriott has a wonderful foundation of core values which inspire you to do your best always empowering yourself to help evey guest.
This is one of the bestest place I have worked in my tenure. The company who beleives and gives equal treatments for employees & guests.
Pros
i would say i matured myself here & learnt a lot
Cons
can't think of any