Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent in Chicago, IL

Marriott International, gives you many opportunities to grow in the business. It is up to each individual person to make that growth happen. You can't just talk the talk you have to walk the walk to get where you want to get in your career goals.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Love the atmosphere and the people, very understanding staff and company, great benefits, plenty room to grow and move up. Very fair with advancements
Benefits
Cons
Overtime
A typical day for me starts off with checking out and checking in guests into the hotel. I do accounting adjustments and credit card, check, and cash payments for clients. My management team is really fun to work with and they make sure our shift stays productive and upbeat in every way. My co-workers are great teammates and we all work well together. The most difficult part of my job is satisfying everyone’s needs. Although this may be difficult, I always make sure that every client has left satisfied. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with different people from all over the world
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Standing all day
The employee work culture is very productive and positive. There is room for growth within the company with is a plus as well.
Learning opportunities sometimes present depending on which managers are working (some are more willing to teach than others).
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No work-life balance
I was hired as a fulltime associate and getting part time hours.
While I was not there long I can definitely say that working for Marriott was a huge honor. It definitely taught me what it was like to work in the hospitality industry and how to communicate with a variety of types of people and just how to make them happy and provide the best customer service possible.