Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Runner

You need to move around alottt so don’t be lazy and it’s a great work out and everyone there is friendly and u meet travelers every day and they are really nice
love my co worker the most, the benefits here are great at best, and their always room to move up within this company.The employee rate for rooms is great as well.
The staff works as a family, management is supportive and has a clear goal to what needs to be achieved. Overal if you're looking for a job in hospitality, it's a place to go, being the largest hotel company in the world.
At work is always a learning experience about life and how I can expand my knowledge in this industry and raising to more opportunities to grow. I like a work ethic as a team specially in this industry.
Es una compañia muy Buena en todos Los aspectos' todos Los trabajadores dan su maximo esfuerzo por la compañia'te hacen sentir como una familia el hotel
Pros
Todo
Cons
Ninguna
Great discount. requesting time off is a tedious process. Long shifts and decent pay. Promote within. A tight community of coworkers. Would recommend.
After one year of working here, they began to implement new changes and old requirements for employees. Management is hard to work with, never considers others.
Pros
Discounts on hotel rooms
Cons
Everything else
A typical work day at work was consist of a morning breakfast, work with a team that felt like family, provided with lunch and finish the day with work.i learn to work with others. Management excellent. Workplace culture was peaceful. Hardest part was departing. Enjoyable part was the supporting cast.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
During my years in work, i was able to gain experience in hospitality industry and cooperate with management in a friendly manner. Plus i was able to make friends with my co-workers.
Pros
free lunch
I worked as a general runner last uear and it was very exploting. Sometimes you can be the only one delivering amenities to 700+ rooms and its extremely busy. Front desk agents lay back and dont like to help even when they not busy. This job has so many duties!! From delivering food to guests to delivering refrigeratos, roll away beds and you have to make the bed as well and delivering laundry and many many more duties! Even stocking the refrigerators for the kitchen. The pay is not worth all the lifting and running up and down all day!! I had to leave it was too much for the pay . marriott is a good place to work if you are not doing this job or housekeeping. Good benefits and cheap lunch.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Short break. Low pay
Work culture is unprofessional, management is not experienced, CEO dose not show appreciation. Make promises they can`t keep and job ethic needs help.
The benefits at the Westin Bonaventure are great. The staff and management are caring and helpful. For those looking to get into the Hospitality field, the is a great place to start.
Pretty much doing whatever they wanted me to do. If they needed beds done I did that or taking trash out or just whatever needed to be done.
A typical day at work represented a challenge because of the french culture. Anyways I learned to be better in my job and also learned to love what I did. I still have good friends I found in this job.
The Detroit Marriott has a bad work environment. The employment turn over is high. From management to the workers they all was rude. And they have a racist job culture at the Downtown Detroit Marriott.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything
Fun Enviroment. Fast paced, but rewarding. Can be a bit challenging schedule wise if you have a family or need flexibility and a more predictable schedule.
This job was not only a paycheck for me. It transformed me into a customer service expert. I learned how to be professional yet outgoing and confident. My manager knew how to make a team come together by playing everyones' strengths together. He made us feel like a family and take pride in our hard work by recognizing us individually and as a whole. I loved everyone. I have never experienced the expertise in management and also the passion of employees to make our hotel great. My job posed many challenges. I had to perform many tasks and jobs all in one day and was left to make logistical decisions when management was busy. I loved the guests and how many people I was able to meet. I also enjoyed seeing the instant reward of my job through the guests. I personally made their stay better and it was very satisfying.
Pros
good pay, fun, challenging, rewarding
Cons
exhausting, strict
As result of working here off and on i found managment is a bit stingy when you ask for a raise..I was promised a raise if i continued to keep working hard and show my aptitude. On several occurances i shown i was indeed a good hard worker who went over my limits of duitys..Yet i did not get the pay raise offered 3x
Pros
a job is a job
Cons
some brown noseing, mostly high school kids working