Monash University

Monash University Employee Reviews in Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur4 reviews

A lot of good things

we work as a good team in every department. Friendly Colleague and Friendly Boss. Their staff benefits and location of working area. Great The good things flexibility, trust and empowerment

Great environment for research

Great environment and culture for academic research, Promotes innovative thinking and collaboration between researchers. Excellent working environment.

A day at work

I have been here for 10 years and I have learned and also trained staff and student on how events are managed and coordinated . At times the hours can be long but not all the time . Hours can be flexible when is low peak . The work culture here is very warm and friendly . Benefits for staff and family are excellent . The enjoyable part of my job is I meet a lot of people and after the event is over the participants are happy and the organizers. I work quite a bit with Monash University Australia where graduations are concern and also for other events that are organised at the Malaysian campus .

Pros

Getting student helpers for events

Cons

Short of staff .

Research Assistant in a University

A typical day would start by having a short brief on what needs to be done. After that its on going research and data collection for analysis. I have learned to use multiple softwares which covers data analytics soft ware to data mining softwares, SPSS, E-views and Bloomberg. I also learned to use multiple quality data bases to acquire the needed information for proper analysis. The working environment was good. My co-workers were energetic and inspiring individuals working while taking up their undergraduates and masters. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job. It was learning new information on a daily basis, learning the new softwares and information from the analysis.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

More mentoring is needed

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Monash University?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monash University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits