Monash University

Monash University Employee Reviews

Malaysia29 reviews

Good and Productive

Very good and supportive environment . Staffs are very willing to help and provide guidance in completing tasks. There is also mental and wellness support services available for staffs.

Worst workplace ever - especially for Expats

Cheap Manuplative No vision No leadership Corrupt if you have a career or plan to have one in Academia do not even think about it

Research Assistant in a University

A typical day would start by having a short brief on what needs to be done. After that its on going research and data collection for analysis. I have learned to use multiple softwares which covers data analytics soft ware to data mining softwares, SPSS, E-views and Bloomberg. I also learned to use multiple quality data bases to acquire the needed information for proper analysis. The working environment was good. My co-workers were energetic and inspiring individuals working while taking up their undergraduates and masters. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part of the job. It was learning new information on a daily basis, learning the new softwares and information from the analysis.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

More mentoring is needed

A good place to work with various student from different background and culture

It was a good experience to work in a University student Association where you interact with people from different culture and I also got to learn new things and improve my leadership skills

Pros

Good experience

Flexible working hours, independent works

A good place to work...Not much pressure..Working load is moderate..Still happy after 6 years of working here

Pros

Flexible working hour

Cons

Difficult to find food stall

Too Little Pay for too Much work

I enjoy quality academia but definitely finances are terrible

Well renowned international university

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students to learn to get a better understanding of finance and business and being appreciated.

Pros

Good Pay

Productive work place

Monash university infrastructure, facility and labs are very good. It is a productive work place but there is no Job Security/Advancement and less benefits.

Being able to teach undergrads new skills

Taught undergraduate students skills used in the laboratory

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monash University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Monash University
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?