Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,933 reviews
I like it, from the beauty of the building to the way of working culture. Manager and colleagues are very helpful and kind. Got tasty food at the cafeteria and fun working environment
Great place to work for. Celebrates diversity. Cares about work life balance.Most employees work remotely. Very flexible on work location and hours.
There have always been layoffs and the occasional bad manager but this has gotten significantly worse over the years. All employees, regardless of rank, age or profession are consistently fearful for their jobs. There is a very clear "everyone is replaceable" atmosphere and, if you report to the "wrong" person, it will be stated verbally to you. Most of the "old-timers" have been let go years ago, the staff is fairly young now. So the breadth of knowledge and technical insight is lacking. I can't stress enough how poor management is. There is very little regard for the mental health or wellness of employees any longer.
Pros
Flexible work day (for some)
Cons
Management at every level
The plant is closed in Schaumburg. It was a fun place to work. Great staff and management. Easy work with potential for growth. Very relaxing environment
Definitely a Team atmosphere, and the team members believe in the product and the mission to help first responders. You will get a decent starting salary, and the chance to work with many smart, dedicated individuals. However, you will work a lot of hours - there is no work/life balance - and annual raises are small to nonexistent. Corporate Management holds tight to the purse strings when it comes to existing employees, but is quick to buy other companies and payout dividends to its stockholders.
Pros
Decent starting salary, Team atmosphere, and getting to work with many smart, dedicated individuals.
Cons
Annual raises are small to nonexistent, Corporate Management holds tight to the purse strings even in "Banner Years"
Long hours but worth it., excellent benefits, and you can't beat the pay scale and promotional opportunities. Great company to work for and the opportunities for advancement is limitless if you are willing to put in the work
Pros
Long hours but worth it., excellent benefits and you can't beat the pay scale and promotional opportunities.
Cons
Long hours and lots of expections
Working in the Chicago office is 100x better than working in Schaumburg, my rating reflects working Schaumburg. The work I did looks great on a resume. Expect layoffs to impact your team roughly once a year. I never once felt that my pay met industry standards, although I never had to work extremely hard.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Pay
A typical Day is very busy but very well organized. Motorola gives you the opportunity to learn new things and be part of a team where all minds matter. The workplace culture is very close one knit family everyone always willing to help each other. Very caring and all coming together for one goal. The company mission. The hardest part for my type of the job was the feeling of failure when suppliers would not meet our expectations on delivery of goods in order to produce our products. The most enjoyable part was the new work family that was acquired during my tenure.
Pros
Employee functions for family's during holidays or special events
Cons
The lay off
I have been working at Motorola Solutions full-time. The people there are nice and helpful. flexible schedule and can work from home. Company and facilities are good for the area.
It was a great experience working 15 years for Motorola. Great technologies and people to work with. Legacy comm usera ows a lot to Motorola from two-way tech to cellular to location based tech development.
Pros
Career growth via educational help followed by role promotion.
Cons
Gave away excellant technologies such as Iridium and iDEN.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Motorola Solutions?
The work hours are the best thing. management expects robots to work here. They micromanage on everything they don't need to be focused on, instead of fixing the major issues that needs to be fixed. The primary issue with the functionality of the company is that there is no training. you are just thrown to the wolves and just pick up what the people around you teach you. there is no sense of family or group helping each other. It is more important to say the correct lines then it to help out each other. it is more important to pull cases than to follow up on cases to make sure customers are taken care of. overall, this company cares nothing about employees, just about the overhead and making themselves(management) look good. Epic Fail Motorola Solutions. FYI, if you had actual training procedures you wouldn't have such an issue with new hires. Great for a new to the industry job you don't want to care about.
Pros
hours a plenty
Cons
all of it except hours
Costumava ser top. Tecnologia uptodate. Metodologias modernas. Equipamentos da melhor qualidade.
Pros
Cultura reembolso de pedágio
Cons
Mobilidade muito lenta
Muito mi mi e pouca agilidade muita panelinha w passa pra empresa quem vai com cara das pessoas caso contrário não fora que tem muito vídeo wzplicidoa entre grupos
Pros
Boa
Cons
Não tenho oque fala
My working environment is full of excitement because i can hear the phone ringing testing .Various department are approachable and react promptly if i need their assistance .
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
A rewarding experience with opportunities to view the business nearly end-to-end. Once a great company but gradually getting out of the supply chain types of activities though.
Pros
Flexible work schedule. Generally supportive management.
Cons
Exiting supply chain leading towards an uncertain future.
Typical run of the mill government contracting gig. Arrogance amongst management, to succeed you have to make yourself unnoticed when there is nothing to do and act like your head is going to explode when you are somewhat busy. Management often acts like the job is too much to handle and the work is so difficult. Upper management can be very outspoken and racism is rampant in the South East. A real do as I say not as I do mantra.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Arrogance, Racism amongst management.
I worked at motorola from 2015-2017 in the call center operations desk (cco). It was my first job out of college and overall a good experience. The training was a month long, though you are taking calls around the second week. The management was solid. The only negative would be the strict call scheduling and over concern with matrices.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, decent work culture
Cons
Short strict breaks
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Motorola Solutions are okJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Motorola Solutions, I think excellentManagementIn general, managers at Motorola Solutions excellentCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Motorola Solutions is easyOverallMy experience working at Motorola Solutions very good
I enjoyed working at Motorola. The work was rewarding, employees were nice. Were considered essential during the co19 shut down. Pay could be higher
Pros
Good company
Cons
Pay
Essa empresa foi primeira empresa multinacional que trabalhei,e voltaria quantas vezes necessário até eu efetivar!!!
Pros
Refeição e fretado
Cons
Agente poderia levar garrafinha de água pra linha de produção
Working there many years ago. Good place to learn new skills and be challenged. Decent pay with good work life balance. Good benefits. Recommend to new grads.
  1. Employee Reviews