Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Good work-life balance, as long as you get the job done, nobody cares about how many hours you put into it.Products line longevity is on demamd, no long term future and roadmap.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Long term products line doesnt exist, mostly working on demamd bases.
Great place to work for. Celebrates diversity. Cares about work life balance.Most employees work remotely. Very flexible on work location and hours.
Long hours but worth it., excellent benefits, and you can't beat the pay scale and promotional opportunities. Great company to work for and the opportunities for advancement is limitless if you are willing to put in the work
Pros
Long hours but worth it., excellent benefits and you can't beat the pay scale and promotional opportunities.
Cons
Long hours and lots of expections
Good culture. Smart, hardworking people in my organization. Love working here. The company as a whole is very siloed, and I think they could benefit from being more collaborative.
Pros
Work culture, people, flexibility
Cons
Politics, hierarchy environment
Employees can make lots of money from the very generous discounted stocks. Buy stocks and when sell it we get 15 percent profit. Now a days many companies are not giving this stock options like MSI.
In the 20+ years I worked at Motorola, not once did I feel like an outsider. I was encouraged to succeed and management was second to none. The company was employee and customer centric which is what made the company what it was.
What I loved at Motorola Solutions was their purpose to create equipment for people in society for communication and safety measures which is important in this day and time. I loved their software, learned to work in Google Hangouts and used Google Drive. Their technology was always changing and you could ask their help desk and other employees questions. Loved their work and family life balance. Learned how too communicate with people in a global company. Wanted more assignments and work projects. I felt like I was not part of a team as a contractor. Motorola treated contractors differently you could not volunteer or be a part of their events and parties. Did not feel totally welcomed and supported to do better.
I really don't have much to say about this job role. I was hired to work for one manager, and I did my best to stay productive, but the guy who hired me moved on so the job got awkward so I started looking for a new job and found one.
Provides really good work life balance. Management understands the need to have a work life balance, to be able to work from home and to be able to spread out work load.
We are quick to Identify Problems and work together to find the root cause of the issue and work with cross functional Teams to Solve the issue. Then implement the solutions
CX is not valued in many cases. The IT and business teams have more say over outcome. In cases where it is difficult to assign a dollar value to the "benefit" of the work - you can be certain it will not be funded.
What you do matters and what you're involved in is bigger than yourself. At Motorola, you are empowered to do your job and to own it. Management is encouraging and supportive of you as an employee and you as an individual. I love the ability to work with talented individuals that make you want to "up your game" when you come in every day. Work/life balance is also extremely important to Motorola - as several managers have said to me - family comes first, work will be here tomorrow. I have searched for many, many years for a company like this and am extremely happy I found it.
Pros
Work flexibility, remote options, job ownership, work/life balance
Cons
Pay could be better, no increase in two years is frustrating when the company states how well it is doing
CHRO has favorites, didn’t use survey data to make changes identified in survey, instead made her favorites bigger roles and now internal employees/managers get worse support from HR. Some in the HR org are only interested in helping themselves and will use any info shared to get themselves to a better position while stomping on others. Run from this company, do not walk.
The company itself is not too bad. Nice office, bonuses, raises. However the bonuses and raises are pretty small and insignificant. You will never get a promotion so don't even try. Management is handled ok, but don't be surprised if someone (in a high management position) you have never heard and has never heard of you cuts off your project and lays you off, because he just googled flutter and thinks that cross development with offshoring is the way to go. I have literally seen that happen 3 times. And that high ranking manager will get replaced by someone even more dumb when they realize the offshore team can't deliver. Each time they had to scrape the new offshore flutter and then re-hire onshore. Then a large amount of onshore people will be thrilled to work at an American company. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT THIS COMPANY... THEN MAKE THEM PAY YOU COMPETITIVE RATES! DO NOT WORK FOR THEM FOR STABILITY, CAUSE THEY LAY OFF MANY PEOPLE EVERY YEAR. SERIOUSLY... GOOGLE IT.
Good management good work culture learned technologies and management skills enjoyed company training enjoyed working with team members worked long hours
Motorola Solutions is a place where you can make a great career if you are looking for a high paced, fast moving environment. If you dedicate your time to the company it's rewarded properly. It's high stress, but also rewarding in what they do serving the public safety industry.
Motorola is a great legacy company that has been heavily focused on Land Mobile Radio and is now transitioning to a software and service prover with a focus on mission-critical incident management. Great company culture. Benefits competitive. But slow-moving in general especially on the software and service side of the house.
Motorola Solutions was a great company with great people. They provided the experience that turned me into an effective engineer, with the ability to lead.
I was a onsite person for a customer, spend all of it in a office supporting them and field techs. Had to many bosses each telling me different things to do.
Great team, they take your ideas seriously so pipe up if you have something to offer. they'll help you grow in every way they can. only good things to say about the company. generous salary, benefits , PTO offerings. great place to work.
I would not recommend working here. My job has been threatened twice in 4 years from restructuring type activities and this time I'm choosing not to take an internal opportunity.
Pros
Increasing use of modern tech stack, bonus, flexible work environment
Cons
politics, management, culture, job security, outlook