Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews in Libertyville, IL

Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Motorola Solutions are okJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Motorola Solutions, I think excellentManagementIn general, managers at Motorola Solutions excellentCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Motorola Solutions is easyOverallMy experience working at Motorola Solutions very good
Its a production factory work. Very fast pace work. Managing technicians, and giving production technical support. Designing production related automation and tools which increase production and achieve six sigma quality.
Pros
Likes busy schedule
Cons
nothing really
When I worked there it was very fast paced. We were making cellular phones, a lot of them. The people were nice. The supervisor was a very demanding person.
Lead cross functional teams to develop accessories for Motorola cell phones. Worked with the individual phone teams to ensure the accessories met all phone team requirements. I was promoted from the factory and learned marketing, being involved in cross functional teams, trained to lead them. Learned a great deal about the technical aspects of charger for cell phones by working with both electrical and maniacal engineers as well as product safety and FCC regulations. The accessories section of Motorola was well run by management. Open door policy was real. The hardest part of the job was the late hours running those global cross functional teams. Many time the conference calls were at 10 pm to include the development stakeholders. The next morning we had calls at 7 am to make sure all local development teams had the required program Management meeting to ensure product launch with each new phone. Work Life Balance issues. Leading the cross functional teams was my favorite part of the job, I learned so much and we made our launch date goals. They also had great benefits.
Pros
benefits, promotions, interesting work, good compensation
Cons
work life balance
MotoLink is an internal data sharing portal that is used within Share-It Application. This application facilitates customer management teams to get reasonable data and help customers with information. Notable features include pulling reports up in editable format, publishing news to groups talk to third party systems, notification, alerts, etc. Application is having a thick client made in Java6 and Web Services are extensively used in this project.
The everyday job was the same as JLL's. The maintenance department was outsourced to JLL. Except for a certain few we all kept our same jobs, pay and tenure.
Cons
When I worked there it was the best job for me at the time. One draw back is the long days, though, You worked a 4/3 shift so it could get a little long, But you had every other weekend off and days during the week. Overtime was not mandatory however it was plentiful and you could work if you wanted. There was also OT in the distribution center if there weren't opportunities in your department. Overall it was a good place to work, Too bad they decided to move the plant.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Plant closed
only left because new personal, opportunities arose. and the logistics of commuting everyday became tedious. I would recommend Motorola as an excellent employer
Pros
excellent benefits and atmosphere
Cons
heavy commute times
Motorola manufactured cellular phones and was a fast paced environment. I worked in the Call center which was discontinued once the cellular industry added those features to the phone where the consumer no longer had to call in with questions.
Inspected PC boards and assembled cell phones. Learnt how to assemble cell phones. Management was super and nice. There was a variety of different types of culture. Hardest part of job was to work every Saturday 11 hours.
Pros
free lunches now and then
Cons
worked 3 days one week and 4 days the next
Motorola was the greatest and at the end the worst company I ever worked for. Over ten years I watched the culture erode away. They would literally take a group of employees from an area and lay them off because they had outsourced your position.
Motorola is an exciting place to work that develops interesting consumer products. Great experience and highly recommended. Company has undergone a signficant change in corporate ownership.
Motorola was an excellent company to work for, and provided me with a secure & challenging job for over 20 years. toward the end, it became very cut throat and stressful due to the cutbacks, layoffs and pending purchase by Google.
Worked towards a numbers goal every day while maintaining quality. Many of the jobs were an assembly line type, but I was fortunate enough to be in a few different positions. Supplied all parts and supplies to the lines in an inventory control position.
Great place to work for 3 years, company moved to another location which was too far from my home to drive. The company had great benefits with good work hours on 3 and 4 days with 12 hours shifts.
Pros
great hours and good people
Cons
no longevity
Company is driven for training. Company relocating was not an avenue I could explore at the time. They did offer to assist with relocation. Considerate of all employees needs.
My job was to review 3 foot high stacks of cell phone call details each month to determine if their extremely high bill was from their usuage of if someone had stolen their number and used it fraudulently.
Towards the end, it was difficult to maintain a high sense of loyalty as everyone has jumped ship. Since MOT hit rock bottom and began to stabilize, people I know that are still there are very happy.
In my last role at Moto, I was in charge of a small group located in Sunnyvale. We were an "experiment" charged with developing jointly with Google three mobile phone models based on a new operating system called Android. It was the right path for a successful future, but unfortunately it was not fully supported by the company's chairman who believed that the value of Motorola was in its patent portfolio and proprietary technology. As history quickly revealed, Google's model of open source SW development was more competitive from both a time to market and cost basis -- and ironically led to Google eventually acquiring Moto's handset division.
Pros
Food at Google was the best...
Cons
The smartest people weren't given the reins.
I enjoyed my time with Motorola and was disappointed the position relocated. Would have stayed on and worked towards opportunity for advancement within the company.
I basically was responsible for all necessary details to run the office, I scheduled meetings including international travel, hotel reservations and whatever else necessary to facilitate a successful meeting. I worked with a wonderful group of people. Again, it was a temporary position. I was sad to leave because this was the first job I got after moving from Kansas City to Chicago. It !was a very difficult adjustment to relocate and the staff in the sales office welcomed me
Pros
Very interesting job
Cons
it was Temporary