Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews in McAllen, TX

A typical Day is very busy but very well organized. Motorola gives you the opportunity to learn new things and be part of a team where all minds matter. The workplace culture is very close one knit family everyone always willing to help each other. Very caring and all coming together for one goal. The company mission. The hardest part for my type of the job was the feeling of failure when suppliers would not meet our expectations on delivery of goods in order to produce our products. The most enjoyable part was the new work family that was acquired during my tenure.
Pros
Employee functions for family's during holidays or special events
Cons
The lay off
It was like a family with the emphasis on ensuring there were activities to include all associates (e.g.yearly company picnic at Schlitterbahn). Everyone felt as though they were part of the family.
Lean six sigma One piece flow 5; S The most enjoyable parts help me to Increse my skills in how to download How to ship parts to other continents How to help other
They treated everyone equal and gave the associate the opportunity to grow with the company.We were all shocked when they sold the business to EXCEL,noone saw that coming.
All four companies symbol, Motorola, exel and DHL is the same company I work with. That just got bought out by the following. Companies. DHL moved to Dallas and I am not relocating.
Co-workers were great to work with. Management was understanding and there was room for growth. The company sets out to achieve its goals in ethical, honest ways with an elevated sense of purpose to improving the planet and humanity. People enjoy coming to work and feel appreciated, acknowledged and rewarded.
Pros
great people, benefits
Everyone did not pull they weight and there were a lot of favoritism.I did what I had to do .weekly and monthly reporting on the metrics on the non conforming material.Adapt with the lean six sigma methodology.
Pros
Benefit was great
Cons
Lack of communication
progressive company results driven, great opportunity for advancement and recognize your contribution. Company recognizes employees contributions and rewards production.
Pros
good employee benefits
Cons
stressful
Work closely with Main Warehouses to effectively coordinate fulfillment of cross-sell orders which included products from both Legacy Symbol & Motorola in an attempt to provide customer satisfaction with no impact due to our internal processes. ● Processing of Intercompany receipts from Elgin warehouse ● Coordinate Intercompany shipments to Elgin warehouse ● Coordinate on time delivery to secure CRSD performance ● Release / Fulfillment of order once all products are received
Long hours. Management does not care about work/life balance. Hard to move up due to an unbelievable amount of favoritism and politics.
Great job , I learned a lot, but due to my position was canceled i had to look for another job
It was busy, kept me on my feet, my employees and employers were nice.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It wasn't a permanent job
Six Sigma 5s Poke Yoke ISO 9000 Great Benefits Great Leadership Great Team
It's like every other warehouse or employers they expect your best and just interacting with different characters could make your typical day at work what you let it to be. The hardest part of the job was helping other departments and working with employees who were not team players. The most enjoyable part of the job was when our supervisors would thank us for a job well done.
Pros
free lunches & accesible computers with internet
Cons
alot of favoratizm