Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews in Plantation, FL

I interned at Motorola Solutions for two summers as a software engineering intern. I worked for great managers and had awesome teammates, and I was trusted with quite a bit of responsibility during my projects. I definitely recommend the company.
Pros
Interesting and significant projects.
Cons
Building is pretty outdated.
I have been working at Motorola Solutions full-time. The people there are nice and helpful. flexible schedule and can work from home. Company and facilities are good for the area.
A very good company never forget. I learned a lot. Many valuable very good training opportunities. Many knowledgeable and capable professionals. Good working environment.
When I first hired on at Motorola over 20 years ago, it was run primarily by engineers and had a family oriented culture, committed to quality and excellence. As time progressed, business leaders replaced the engineers, and the focus shifted from technical excellence to quarterly revenue. Over the same period, the population diminished from over 180,000 to just over 17.000 today (a decline of over 10x). Yet the revenue and profits grow year over year. Its unfortunate in business school they don't explore the consequences of capitalism, the hoarding of wealth, and advocating a balance between corporate profitability and employee well being. Productivity improvements, made possible by the process improvement and technology, are rewarded with quarterly layoffs to constantly work the cost side as employees are costs to be controlled as opposed to assets to be developed. despite all this, it has a great working environment at the time I left. Was a great company. Its now a amazing shrinking company.
The company continually searches out for fresh talent to ensure its transformation from an HW developer to an SW & Services Company. Existing employees need to evolve with what the company needs in order to stay with them.
Pros
Employee lounges with game room, meditation, relaxation and free snacks.
Cons
Cost savings and Talent refresh measures are done twice a year.
well organized, teams were very cohesive, there was respect within my peer group, if an emergency came up, management looked out for their employees. It was very refreshing
Great place to work as a software engineer. The top leadership needs to do a better job of communicating future endeavors and vision for the company. Friendly coworkers and interns.
Pros: Extremely talented individuals who can great coaches for new hires. Complex ,Challenging projects make it a great learning experience. Cons: very few growth opportunities , frequent reorgs
Pros
Generous Paid time off policy, in house gym.
Cons
Job instability
Typical 9-5 job with a mission critical attitude to provide working radios to police and firefighters. The work environment if full of wonderful people willing to spend personal time finishing a project as the overall goal is very important.
Motorola Foundations allows the employees to participate in volunteering efforts with the community. Also has a matching program where they match the employee donation.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Motorola Solutions?
My experience at this company was excellent. They offer so many things for its employees to educated and learn to advance within the company. Many company discounts.
Pros
great vacation time days accumulated
Cons
Motorola is a company that I greatly enjoyed working with all upper management and fellow employees. The work was interesting and creative. The high caliber of knowledge, teamwork, and collaboration was like any other.
Pros
Great Manager and Culture
Cons
Layoff in specific sectors
Motorola Solutions is a nice place to work if you are looking for a steady job with known expectations. The biggest problem with Motorola Solutions is the lack of opportunity for advancement and below average compensation.
Almost 3 decades worth of dedicated effort because of the enjoyable place to work. I have been spoiled to be involved in one of the most highly respected, technical leaders in the industry.
This is where I gained the majority of my technical skill-set to succeed in the wireless environment. I enjoyed being part of a company that at one time had a long legacy of being at the top of cutting-edge technology.
Great management team. Very empathetic. Manager are considerate of the employees and treat them with respect. Each person situation being unique,is considered in that manner
Typical work was very stingy. I was never happy to go to work there. Atmosphere is to pass time and never to give productive output. TOo much burearocracy. This was the reason inspired me to move to Qualcomm.
Loved the people and the workplace. Innovation can probably be better. Love the onboarding process; it was very seamless and pain-free for the most part.
Worked on assembly line. Standing for long periods was definitely a challenge but I enjoyed the technical aspect of the responsibilities and the benefit package was great!
Pros
Benefit Package
Cons
Standing long periods
one of the better but not great. the company downsized a lot and many people lost their job a few years back. never was the same. not too sure about the job culture now but i know that it isn't as good as it use to be years back.
Was a great place to work. Great work culture and very smart people. Learned a lot about product development for consumer products that were applicable in my future career opportunities