Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews in Schaumburg, IL

The plant is closed in Schaumburg. It was a fun place to work. Great staff and management. Easy work with potential for growth. Very relaxing environment
Working in the Chicago office is 100x better than working in Schaumburg, my rating reflects working Schaumburg. The work I did looks great on a resume. Expect layoffs to impact your team roughly once a year. I never once felt that my pay met industry standards, although I never had to work extremely hard.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Pay
A rewarding experience with opportunities to view the business nearly end-to-end. Once a great company but gradually getting out of the supply chain types of activities though.
Pros
Flexible work schedule. Generally supportive management.
Cons
Exiting supply chain leading towards an uncertain future.
I worked at motorola from 2015-2017 in the call center operations desk (cco). It was my first job out of college and overall a good experience. The training was a month long, though you are taking calls around the second week. The management was solid. The only negative would be the strict call scheduling and over concern with matrices.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, decent work culture
Cons
Short strict breaks
Good environment with the right leadership and team. Different teams have different work/life balances. Need more new hires to bring in fresh ideas.
To keep it short, the work environment was substantial. The only issue I had just so happened to be a major one. Pay. Other than that, I would consider working there again.
The worst interview I’ve ever done in my life, the person who makes the interview can’t communicate effectively, no multicultural work environment, I have interviewed with 5 people, all of them are from the same background and culture which made me feel awkward when I interviewed, and one more thing I want to say to them, please please Motorolasolutions use to be a big name, and a good company why do you have your kids playing around while you are interviewing candidates, I felt overwhelmed and kept repeating myself!! It seems like HR needs a lot of work and improvement. Worst interview experience I can say. And the sad thing is that was their manager who has his kids yelling. Their Manager!
Pros
Interviewed with 5 people at once
Cons
To the interviewer KEEP YOUR KIDS AWAY when interviewing candidates, we put too much effort to find an opportunity to express interest and we like to be heard. Please
There is no loyalty, you can and will be replaced at the managers decision. If you don't know the right people, good luck. There are too many who know too many. They will let you go when you are not worth the fight anymore. The bosses are waflley, they will roll over and play turtle when you need them to stand up for you.
Motorola is a great company to work for. Management is very flexible and the training team is wonderful! You begin to feel like your team is a part of your family.
Always had a good reputation and review, also was sent to assist in different locations doing shipment and verification. Sent to restrict areas were others weren't allowed to pass to verify the shipment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Motorola Solutions?
Great place to work! Work Life balance is excellent. Fellow workers are real team players. Moving around the company into different roles is very much encouraged. You don't have to feel like your stuck in one position for too long. the tower building in Schaumburg is beautiful with a Gym and a wonderful cafeteria.
Very poor training for the position I held in their NOC. Much of the information needed to perform the job was not documented in writing and was passed on verbally and only to certain people. Shift was a "sliding 4", meaning you worked 4 days (12 hour shifts) and then had 4 days off. The result was you never had the same schedule from week to week, making it difficult for anyone attending classes or trying to arrange for day care. The NOC position is a rotating door, the position is constantly listed in Indeed and for good reason; few can deal with the stress.
Limited organic growth and growth is coming through acquisitions. Very much focused on outsouring. Limited resources. They are doing a lot of good things but spread too thin across too many things.
My time there was enough to know that it was place where RIFs happened frequently do to the short-sighted upper management. It was a typical global corporation.
Watch out for Reductions In force efforts in N. America - IT Finance and Supply Chain. Shortened Severance program for those impacted Company once Led the pack now just one of the same standard global employers moving operations to low cost centers.
Great company, great management, great engineers, great technology, great products. Spent most of my career here, and management knows how to handle change as needed to keep company competitive.
Long time employee. Previously a wonderful place to work. Under utilized IT department which isn't pushed to find cutting edge solutions. Relies too much on outsourcing. Stagnant development for employees, however excels at work/life balance and remote working with desirable benefits.
I was hired to work in their manufacturing department through a temp agency. I worked there for a little over a y ear but it was a lot of fun. The job was simple, assembly line style.
One of the old and best company to work with. we enjoyed lot to work in motorola solutions one of my zebra company to work with and life and work balance timings.
Excellent trainIng program. Management is professional, awesome and always available for questions or assistance. Great team spirit environment. Presents a good work life experience.
Management does not value productive and loyal employees. Management is beholden to political correctness and value signaling. Management does not have strong vision to grow the business. Management has made a poor choice to use Agile software development framework for mission critical applications.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lack of vision