Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

Training provided to employee is sufficient Best workplace culture Mature Agile Mindset Best Management company Every colleagues are collaborative and helpful
Pros
Flexi benefits, insurance
Cons
Traffic jam after work
Overall, Motorola was a good place to work. At times it could be stressful trying to meet deadlines but depending on your team, you could find support to help you through those times.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Can be stressful.
I have been working at Motorola Solutions full-time. The people there are nice and helpful. flexible schedule and can work from home. Company and facilities are good for the area.
Good environment with the right leadership and team. Different teams have different work/life balances. Need more new hires to bring in fresh ideas.
Good salary with good benefit (gym, car park, cars allowances, ESPP, montly allowance for employee who live outside island, broadband allowance,etc..)
The company itself is not too bad. Nice office, bonuses, raises. However the bonuses and raises are pretty small and insignificant. You will never get a promotion so don't even try. Management is handled ok, but don't be surprised if someone (in a high management position) you have never heard and has never heard of you cuts off your project and lays you off, because he just googled flutter and thinks that cross development with offshoring is the way to go. I have literally seen that happen 3 times. And that high ranking manager will get replaced by someone even more dumb when they realize the offshore team can't deliver. Each time they had to scrape the new offshore flutter and then re-hire onshore. Then a large amount of onshore people will be thrilled to work at an American company. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT THIS COMPANY... THEN MAKE THEM PAY YOU COMPETITIVE RATES! DO NOT WORK FOR THEM FOR STABILITY, CAUSE THEY LAY OFF MANY PEOPLE EVERY YEAR. SERIOUSLY... GOOGLE IT.
Good workplace culture and work life balance. Working hours are flexible. Salary and benefits are one of the best around this area. Would highly recommend.
Seniority does not reduce the willingness of someone to guide you. Helpful and easy-going colleague. Everyone is so friendly that it would not be difficult for you to blend in.For a beginner, they would patiently guide you on how to solve the problem and ramp you up.
very good working environment and very much enjoyable to work with all co-workers. It's very good company to work with and very friendly and all benefits
Everyone has their own experience and my experience here was great! As an entry level engineer, I don't think I could have picked a better place to start my career. There were years of experience from all co-workers that I could learn from. The concepts that I learned will stay with me forever. There were moments it was fast-paced and some moments it was slow. Overall it was a great experience for me.
Pros
Expertise, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Some processes were dated
An Amazing organization but the Indian Management was not really good in my opinion. Work life balance is not really great and you may end up working late too often
Lots of ability to grow and learn. Very cool and important products. Company has a long history. Great benefits. Ability to work from home. Have a great day!
Too much old-school thought here with no innovation. Spend years on commercializing new projects that may never see the light of day. Or continue to fix CRs with existing products that are cash cows
Started my career with manual testing in Motorola.Very tight schedule on all the deliverable.Gave me good opportunity to learn on Testing process and testing techniques.
It was great experience in working in Motorola Solutions. Learned the full product development life cycle from customer requirement to product completion. Besides, Motorola Solutions focus on work life balance.
Development community on the team I worked for was amazing... always willing to share and help with a problem and very friendly atmosphere. Great food at the cafeterias and many talented and hard working professionals. Many managers were former developers and they understood most of what was going on. Very strict adherence to process could sometimes be a detriment, preventing important things from getting done many times. Lack of participation between internal Motorola teams led to later lack of quality in many products and poor vision from the top layers prevented the company from competing with newer companies.
Pros
Great benefits, fantastic cafes, friendly team mates
Cons
Poor vision from CEO, too much red tape prevented things from getting done many times
Enjoyed my years with Motorola Semiconductor, but due to poor planning and vision, Motorola Semiconductor could not compete with Intel and even much smaller, but agile, semiconductor manufacturers. Closed all semiconductor manufacturing operations in the Phoenix area by 2005.
Pros
Benefits, Relaxed
Cons
Poor management
Good company that paid for my Master's and facilitated advancement from mechanical to systems engineering. Best part of my job is getting to work with planes.
I worked for Motorola Computer Group which was fun, I learned a lot and worked with great people. Then the Computer Group was rolled into Cellular. Not as much fun and more limited. But I really loved working for Motorola.
Leaned Six-Sigma, friendly workplace culture, a typical day at work, learning new technologies, fun place, and competitive environment. Good management and leadership
Poor team work, this is what impressed. Of course it is your luck if your boss is understandable and helpful. Being a developer, when start to work on a project/feaure, there is no requreiement provided.