Nando's

Nando's Employee Reviews

Working at Nandos One Utama, they need to have a strong mental and physical due to the tough work assignment and facing customers issues. Show the gratitude and willingness to do extra work since only we are able to help ourselves.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Bad upper management
Enjoy serving customers and got the tips when customer feel satisfy with me during serve them food and take order . Being together with other races and learned to cooperate while working.
Pros
free meals
Cons
long breaks
-Treat customers. -What I had learned is how to communicate with people and meet new people (local or foreign) -The management is well manage since it is big company. -The hardest part of the job is have a problem with customer. --The most enjoyable part of the job is they make many event such as dinner, award and etc to appreciate their staff.
Pros
Free lunch
Have a nice & friendly staff crew also have a nice managing of director that always giving hands when the crew have a problem. Always be nice with a lot of customer eat in.
Pros
Free staff meal with 1/4 chicken with rice
Cons
Healthcare
Everybody treats their colleagues as their family, so I feel very great to work there as I feel socially accepted and this motivates me to work more efficiently.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Quite fun when you can handle a lot of customer and their feedback was satisfying. I also learnt that when you did a part time job and you will forget your desire to pursue studies is a myth.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes there is no time to have a break
This is a shift rotating job. If you are lucky, you can work for morning shift, 9-5. The rest is depending on the manager to manage your schedule. 12-8, 4-12 and so on. But the most important things are;- I learned to improve my communication skills. If you work as a kitchen staff, you will know how to handle the big grill and stuff. Learned to clean each and every appliance in the casa. This work will lead to no life. If you are a student who needs a job. Good luck in advance.
Pros
Meal provided, uniform provided.
Cons
No life.
I'm only having a part time job for one month. there's nothing much I can reviewed. But what I say is that Nandos is an established restaurant. the cleanliness and hygience level of that restaurant is at excellent level ( A Level)
Pros
Customer Friendly
Cons
All day Stand up ( cannot sit)
Learn to interact with customer and build self-confidence. A friendly and helpful co-workers a good management Dealing with a lot of customer in a time.
Pros
free lunches
FLOOR ATTENDANT Nando’s Restaurant, 2009-2010 • Located at AEON Bukit Indah, • Gained experience working in the food and beverage field. • Learned how to serve and prepare a variety of delicacies. • Learned how to deal with customer complaints. • Learned the importance of Quality Management throughout the business operations in food and beverage industry.
got a chance to improve my people skills as we had to converse with guests when taking orders. i learned the art of patience as i had to deal with difficult customers and management as well. my fellow team mates were a joy and always helpful. the hardest part of the job was dealing with unprofessional management team.
Pros
free lunch and drinks
Cons
long hours, salary deductions, poor management
- Nice place to work - Management pressure - Get free meal for rm500 for each month - Very friendly working coulics - I learn lot of patient to handle customer
Pros
Free meal
- my typical day at work was in the afternoon is mild busy, but when it starts for dinner, it's kinda busy - what i learned was how to serve the food, increase my communication skills, managing some cutlery - the management is a bit inorganise.. - co workers were hard to deal, lack of team work. some were ok, some were selfish - hardest part was to deal with customers who has a lot of request - the most enjoyable part was meeting customers and youre done your job
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
the staffs lack of team work
A typical day at work is just a everyday routine. I've learned about teamwork, handling customers and to push yourself to achieve greater heights. The management is just as every normal restaurants out there. My co-workers are always there to help me out when I need them, Very friendly and we'd treat ourselves as family. The hardest part of the job is the review of the customers after a day in Nando's. The most enjoyable part is that I get the chance to gain experience from working there.
Pros
Free lunches, meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks, Management handling paychecks
Nando provide a handful of experienced senior worker for us at the new outlet to help us carry things out. The work time is so terrible that u wont have any life if you are scheduled at the night shift which is 4pm to 12pm. Sometimes the manager still let customer dine in while it is already 11:05pm, while the shop only open at 11am till 11pm.
my review is if any student that want to make part time work especially during weekend, you can try to go Nando's because they will help you. the fees also reasonable.
Pros
free lunches, uniform provided.
Cons
wellfare
Small and growing at that time and together, the family went all out to grow
Pros
Great family culture
my daily routine for the working timetables in Nandos are not systematic. it change every single day. sometimes i worked 6 hours a day and sometimes 8 hours a day. what i learned from this company is how someone who have a position as a manager control everything on what is happening in the outlet. i learned that not all manager able to take this task. some of them even quit from the job because of the pressure. besides, from the aspect of management, it depends on the manager on duty. some of the manager have a very bad attitudes and cannot control their temper. the workers will be the victim even they are not doing anything wrong. some of the manager also very double standard, worker who always flatter the manager always escape from doing their job without getting scolded by the manager and the worker who always focus on their job, like me, sometimes get scolded and being called lazy even i take a break for a minutes after tired of taking care of the customers. from the aspect of co - worker, it depends on their personality. some of them are hard working and some of the them are very lazy. the hardest part of the job is when the outlet is on short of staff and the outlet are very busy full with customers and the workers on duty being responsibles to take care of all the customers at the same time. this always happened to me but i always did my best to give the best service to the customers because the things i hate the most is customer complaint. while the most enjoyable part of the job is when there are an annual dinner for Nandos once held, i was awarded as the best service - more...
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no staff appreciation from the management