OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank Employee Reviews for Intern

Great team, great workplace, great opportunity. Must finish the work on time.Feel free to ask anything that you doubt for. Have so much fun with the team as they are so friendly. Always take a good care of the welfare of their workers.
Ocbc Bank offers their employee with great benefit and focusing on individual / employee growth. Apart from that, their work culture also focusing on teamwork which is good in keeping you motivated and less stressful.
I have been exposed to a work environment and job scope of a banking industry. I have learn a lot and the staff all are very helpful. A good place to start a career.
OCBC provides the very interesting set of training and chances to their interns to feel the real experience with hands on the job and process the actual transaction besides observation by the employees.
It was very much a hands on job and get to learn how to balance work life in a bank. They let us do payments for international transactions, had classes for presentation, knowledge on financial instruments that they provide to the customers and also had to learn about anti money laundering. I had the opportunity to meet and did a presentation to the Head of Operations for OCBC, which was very overwhelming but exciting at the same time. The working environment is of course stressful but at the same time the employees there made it fun because they taught me how to balance between work and life.
Pros
Great employees and bosses
Cons
Long working hours
A supervisor is very supportive.Interns are provided with training on an overall document process.Every intern is given an opportunities to present their idea on way to improve the management and their comment on the overall internship program.
Co-workers there are friendly and helpful. I have learned a lot of excel skill and interactive skill from my senior. Provide useful training and course for staff.
Pros
Birthday celebration for every staff
• To provide full support on all administirative functions to the driving force team at all times within the stipulated turn around time (TAT) • The administrative functions include AKPK, Processing of bills/ Payment and write off
Pros
transport facilities
Cons
short breaks
The bank has been well-established for so many years, therefore the training program for newbie and interns are very well-organized. The working environment is good and so the work culture.
Everyday morning, I would retrieve cases/requests sent from Singapore Branches. Then, I should start processing the day-to-day requests, prepare statements like current account, fixed account, loan account, savings account, tax report and etc. Each type of statement has a unique way to process.For Statements that include a fee, I would need to do debiting on customer's account. Moreover, I help process statements for Police Investigation after 5.30pm. By the day end, I would review, maintain and report the balancing of requests processed and received. I need to work within tight deadline as well. By undergoing this internship, I learnt to be meticulous and quick in processing because no errors are allowed in Banks. The slightest mistake will result in Breach of Banking Secrecy. In terms of Management, I would've needed to manage my stress as I needed to work within deadline. Time Management is important as I always reached OCBC Office 30 minutes early to process requests. The hardest part of the job is Heavy workload of customers requests and Police investigation. We handled requests from every branches of OCBC Bank in Singapore. Statement request for Police investigation is even more tedious. Therefore, Bank employees (Processing) are always trained to work quickly. The most enjoyable part of this job was I knew great colleagues, Team Leaders and Head. They aren't only my mentors, they are also my good friends who motivate, teach and encourage me. Moreover, I could feel the warmth of being a team (teamwork), we help each other, share the joy of success and crisis - more...
Pros
ever-changing company events, convenient work location, amiable environment
Cons
Long Hours, overwhelmingly heavy workload, Traffic Jam.