OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank Employee Reviews

This company gives a good amount of perks and moderate pay. You have to do more work than what's under your job description though. It's expected that you multitask and accept ad hoc assignements here. you
Pros
Good hospitalisation benefits, holiday bungalows, high annual leave count
Cons
Ad hoc assignments and work
I am able to learn more knowledge on international trade which is one of the challenges as understanding on International trade required a deep understanding to figure out the requirement on letter of credit.
Learning of SME market Learning of different business activities and management Learning of dealing with different customer segment More spaces for self improvement
-delivery quality customer service -complete project schedule on time -more open minded -become more meticulous -adhere bank policy -managing colleague relationship
Learned paper work,improve on communication skills. Fun environment . Able work on stress. Helpful management as manager very supportive. Good team members.
-work life balance -a place have many learning opportunities -can gain soft skills through participate in events as a committee -have many learning courses -benefits for employee are satisffied
Work smart not hard nor proper. Unorganized in structure and people. Do not value friendship nor teamwork. A company that does not grow unless top tier changes were to be made
It was very much a hands on job and get to learn how to balance work life in a bank. They let us do payments for international transactions, had classes for presentation, knowledge on financial instruments that they provide to the customers and also had to learn about anti money laundering. I had the opportunity to meet and did a presentation to the Head of Operations for OCBC, which was very overwhelming but exciting at the same time. The working environment is of course stressful but at the same time the employees there made it fun because they taught me how to balance between work and life.
Pros
Great employees and bosses
Cons
Long working hours
commercial bank mortgage loan officer is a target base marketing job. Every month have to achieve the minimun sale target amount in order to get incentive. Good thing is the higher you can achieve, the higher incentive you will be compensate, quite a target driven position.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at OCBC Bank?
As a trainee, I did the quarterly financial reporting to manger and submit to Singapore HQ. Doing the layout of financial statement for publication in public.
Pros
Friendly mentor
Cons
Town Area
quiet okay but salary great job is hardest but can do well got target and probation 6 months manager all very nice and helpful able to create network
Pros
slary
Cons
I really loves working here. My team is superb. We worked, we have fun. The management also knows how to appreciate the staffs by giving the free lunch or token of appreciation for all staffs.
Pros
Free treat by management, appreciation
Good bosses and colleagues. Learned lots of new things in this company and being able to provide guidance when needed. A very good and fun workplace culture.
-A good environment -sufficient training provided -Shift job -A good experience in my banking line. - I have not learn enough to comment on many negative sides of working at OCBC bank. It is also inappropriate for me to comment in much detail of how the bank works.
Despite a financial industry, the corporate culture is always known for its friendliness, warm and family-oriented. However, the team is also always aggressive in growing the business and presence in Malaysia, as a foreign player. What I like most about the People culture is the Talent Management initiatives top-down. Leaders are always very supportive of talent management matters, especially Succession Planning. There are proper structures and practices put in place to identify High-Po's, before planning an individual's development plans, rotation and subsequently succession planning.
Pros
Warm and friendly work environment
Cons
Rigid and too careful
time management and working skills patient and confident level talking with customer able to work in shift and leave all able to get benefits are alot and with good pay
A supervisor is very supportive.Interns are provided with training on an overall document process.Every intern is given an opportunities to present their idea on way to improve the management and their comment on the overall internship program.
I learned about the process of upgrading system in a bank. I learned testing the bank system as a end user with User Acceptance Test environment(UAT). It was a very wonderful experience being as Tester. It has open my eyes and I still remember what I have learned today. It is a very significant working experience. The workplace culture is great with work life balance and great managers taking care the new joiners.
Pros
Free Lunches
Job entails managing existing & new customer (during later part, I only found out we can handle new customers, as management kept telling us we can't manage new customers. So I had to pass these to my colleagues to handle), introducing them to the bank's relationship manager as previously there was none. The job position was quite new at the time, so management wasted a lot of time doing tele-conferencing calls (at least 2times per week) which was redundant. how management view sales target was ridiculous as well (imagine going to a 1 year late marathon, that's how long the job was available before I came in), hence target of RM3mil FD per month is impossible to most. I learnt what & how to see people for who they are/ people skills
Pros
good bank
Cons
new department, hence you will feel like a lab rat
OCBC bank provides good training, healthy working environment due to scheduled timetable as well as team building. It's a busy branch due to it's the head quarter of OCBC Malaysia and it forces us to learn quick to deal with different kind of clients and situation. Also, it's a strong discipline position due to the compliance issue.
Pros
High commission
Cons
Fun working area, help each other, sometimes stress in handling enquiries regards to customer problems. Nice working area. Really competitive environment, good in build up career
  1. Employee Reviews