OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank Employee Reviews

This company gives a good amount of perks and moderate pay. You have to do more work than what's under your job description though. It's expected that you multitask and accept ad hoc assignements here. you
Pros
Good hospitalisation benefits, holiday bungalows, high annual leave count
Cons
Ad hoc assignments and work
Good benefits with lots of workload Have OT claims.. medical claims... dental and optical claims as well... Nothing to extra.. With a standard benefits
Fast paced environment. There are a lot of trainings for staff to pick up and self develop their skills. A lot of processes and approvals are in placed, hence, sign-offs may be slow.
Nice working environments Good and closed relationships with colleagues In loan and credit department Handling loans, rollover, LCs, BG etc In deposit and admin department Handling fixed deposits transactions ie rollover, new account opening, etc Handling call deposits transactions ie remittances Learned how to deals with clients and head office or other relevants departments I have learned many things and banking knowledges thru my service from 1996 to 2016 Leave OCBC Bank abd joined Moly Beauty Products due to family business 5 general manager come and go in these 10 years Also not many staffs movements Difficult to get promoted
Pros
nice working environments, learned many banking knowledge and banking skills
Cons
kept changing general manager in every 2 or 3 years
I build my foundation the very first time by having my internship. A very good place to put your fundamentals into good practice if you join the right department. At current department, it is still a very new set-up. There is a lot to be improved but nonetheless, you get to learn from the beginning till the end.
Pros
Offers good package for those who wants to further studies or undertake professional papers
Cons
Authority matrix needs improvement
Good friends and management, but with low increment. Quite competitive to move to the next level in my career at OCBC Bank. I left the bank for a better opportunity in Measat Broadcast Network System (Astro)
Cons
low remuneration
In overall, this company provided a good management system for every staff to do their work efficiently. And I can say the working environment and culture is very big different compare to other banking experience as this Bank focus more on customer experience and I personally feel proud to be one of them before this.
Co-workers there are friendly and helpful. I have learned a lot of excel skill and interactive skill from my senior. Provide useful training and course for staff.
Pros
Birthday celebration for every staff
Everyone is friendly and helpful. Dealing with various types of customers. Learn to manage angry customers. Do a lot products pitchings everyday. No work life balance.
It was communication breakdown especially from manager. The workloads around here are not properly deligated. In addition, experienced a negative working environment from surrounding who are making yourself feel invisible.
a place i never considered to leave. overall experience to be here is too memorable. the management taught me to be a very good staff especially in compliance and coord
• To provide full support on all administirative functions to the driving force team at all times within the stipulated turn around time (TAT) • The administrative functions include AKPK, Processing of bills/ Payment and write off
Pros
transport facilities
Cons
short breaks
The environment in the bank is fairly good and colleagues are all very friendly. Job scopes in the bank are well segregated but sometimes some problem arise from it as well. Overall it is very enjoyable to be working in the bank.
Pros
Career path is very transparent
Cons
Too many paperworks
OCBC Bank is one of the good organization that i have work with. There is no hardest or typical at work as i have a very helpful colleagues. I have learned a lot there which have help me in many ways such as knowledge, communication skills.
Overall feeling good. This job enable me to build networking and establish relationship with professionals and business associates to acquire new customer base.
Driven by numbers and sales oriented. Work as more individualistic as management set a target for each employees to achieve monthly. Hardest part in this job is that, chasing sales target at the end of month. Another challenge would be serving customers with trouble shoot
I have attaced to Card Operations Department and was assigned to Merchant Business Unit. In that unit, I have learned to process the payment records from the merchants while I also have to create a new merchant's ID or its terminal ID. Besides, I also have to update the information of the merchant as per requst. I also be the processor in my department to process the statement returned and termination of credit and debit cards. The hardest part of the job was to call the customer with many rules we have to keep in mind. The most enjoyable part of the job is the working environment is very comfort.
Good career start up place with great environment and friendly fellow colleagues. Working routine is as usual with shift base as managing transaction fraud issues. However, the top authorities need to review their subordinates who work at management level. This will keep the company culture more healthier and will lead the workers towards success.
Pros
Monthly activities
Cons
Assign irrelevant tasks to the team
One of the best company in Banking domain, good working environment. There is scope to learn different platform and application. The co-worker are supportive and friendly person.
I have learned a lot. Since my work required me to perform outbound call, hence I am having different experience on different situation almost on daily basis. :) The harder part comes when I have to follow up cases which is aging for almost 1 month, need to study the whole story of the case. After all, I am still okay due to my teammates are awesome.
Pros
Birthday celecration, outing, quarterly activities
good environment and colleague. not so good corporate culture, slightly bureaucratic. thus, changes / suggestion given take ages to approve or being heard
Pros
good remuneration package
Cons
beuarocratic