OCBC Bank

OCBC Bank Employee Reviews

This company gives a good amount of perks and moderate pay. You have to do more work than what's under your job description though. It's expected that you multitask and accept ad hoc assignements here. you
Pros
Good hospitalisation benefits, holiday bungalows, high annual leave count
Cons
Ad hoc assignments and work
The bank has been well-established for so many years, therefore the training program for newbie and interns are very well-organized. The working environment is good and so the work culture.
it was a great experience to improve my knowledge with banking services especially with customer sevice field. i have learned how to deal with credit and debit card services. our client is from singapore
Flexible working environment which enable staff's mobility. Strategic location where the office is just step out from the train station. The organization is very structure and working procedures is inline with group's policy& procedure.
Pros
free coffee machine with nice pantry.
Cons
long working hours
when i worked in this organization , there were challenges that I never faced but it helped me to grew and learned to deal with it.
Pros
good allowences
Cons
Certainly, it was a golden opportunity to carry out my internship in OCBC Bank and i'm glad to have the chance to work at the area that I had never experiencing before. The most enjoyable part of job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. As overall, I really appreciate all the helping hands from my colleagues and I will use all the gained skills and knowledge in my future jobs.
Pros
New experience
- The working environment is good whereby colleagues are really helpful. - There is always extra financial workshop for us to attend, to brush up our financial knowledge towards the current market.
Pros
Various training program for employees
Cons
Keeping up with market update
I rose from the rank of clerk to a Vice President. Opportunity is there for you to grab. It is all about results. Performance is for you to prove. Whether you work hard or you work smart, bottom line is always results. Challenges are everywhere, be it the job, your co-workers or the management. It is up to you to decide weather to use it to your advantage or you can complaint about it and get stressed up unnecessarily. Hardest part of the job of course when KPIs still not met. Because the rewards are tied to the KPIs. Most enjoyable part is celebration time. We sweat it up, we argued a lot, but when we succeeded, everyone celebrate. We are free to voice our opinions. Feedback is a gift to OCBC. In meetings, we argued our points and opinions openly, but at the end, we still can have tea together at the mamak stall :-)
Pros
Management of an open door approach
Cons
Tight date lines, less work life balance
Everyday morning, I would retrieve cases/requests sent from Singapore Branches. Then, I should start processing the day-to-day requests, prepare statements like current account, fixed account, loan account, savings account, tax report and etc. Each type of statement has a unique way to process.For Statements that include a fee, I would need to do debiting on customer's account. Moreover, I help process statements for Police Investigation after 5.30pm. By the day end, I would review, maintain and report the balancing of requests processed and received. I need to work within tight deadline as well. By undergoing this internship, I learnt to be meticulous and quick in processing because no errors are allowed in Banks. The slightest mistake will result in Breach of Banking Secrecy. In terms of Management, I would've needed to manage my stress as I needed to work within deadline. Time Management is important as I always reached OCBC Office 30 minutes early to process requests. The hardest part of the job is Heavy workload of customers requests and Police investigation. We handled requests from every branches of OCBC Bank in Singapore. Statement request for Police investigation is even more tedious. Therefore, Bank employees (Processing) are always trained to work quickly. The most enjoyable part of this job was I knew great colleagues, Team Leaders and Head. They aren't only my mentors, they are also my good friends who motivate, teach and encourage me. Moreover, I could feel the warmth of being a team (teamwork), we help each other, share the joy of success and crisis - more...
Pros
ever-changing company events, convenient work location, amiable environment
Cons
Long Hours, overwhelmingly heavy workload, Traffic Jam.
In this job, i have taken up some programming roles, learnt how to manage migration of big systems, and to automate big bulk of the daily operations of a department.
Pros
management takes care of their staff's welfare
Cons
the work is an 24/7 rotational based shift work,i had learn more about the usage f credit card and about the charges on the card,the management is just nice on their supervise and moreover my colleague are very friendly they do assist if there is any doubt,the hardest part is when the charges unable to waive and need to contact customer at the same side advice on the payment,the most enjoyable is my friends.
Pros
free vendor dring
Cons
Assisting customer’s inquiries, request and /or complaints via phone
• Supporting huge datacenter in SG and MY banking environment on (24x7) basis and working for application migration activities in UAT & PRD environments. • Providing the BAU support for all Sun Solaris 9, 10 11 , AIX 6.1 running servers (file system management and all OS admin tasks handling), Handling new application migration projects • Building Sun servers running in solaris10, Solaris 11, having good experience in the administration of virtualized environment LDOM, and ZFS •Installation and OS migration from AIX 5.3 to 6.1 on AIX, and Updating to latest patche level for fixing security bugs and relevant platform specific packages. • Having good experience in configuring Solaris10 Zones and supporting the same for development servers • Installing, configuring High Availability solution, and supporting using VERITAS Clustering products VxVM, VxFS, VCS(VCS SF CFS5.1RP2) on AIX, Solaris Platforms. • Automating and Building process using shell scripts . • Scheduling jobs using Autosys and managing event processors, event servers •Extensive experience defining and documenting user requirements, defining technical needs, and developing and documenting high level designs and detailed technical designs.
First opportunity to manage a team Developed strong managerial skills. Opportunity to be a guest speaker at a cross country roadshow which increased profile and confidence