Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd

Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd Employee Reviews

Malaysia78 reviews

So so

Its great for spm leaver to gain some money while waiting for your spm result . Work can physical tired because you will carry box and arrange book in high selves

Good Environment but not relevant salary

Good environment but salary not relevant with living cost. Work are not too pressure. Friendly colleague. Work life balance. Suitable for short period job.

Suitable for fresh graduates

Proper on-job training Fun colleagues Free parkingEasy task Not so stressfulRepetitive work Contract basisSo far so good Monday to friday only Sometimes required to do overtime

challenge and good environment for fresh graduate learn

I am working here as account assistant that time is fresh graduate.For me if for fresh it will be a good place to learn a lot as this company is retail.Even for me quite tough but our superior willing teach and guide.the volume of work is quite high also so you will learn how handle stressful and strict deadline.But just one more thing this company is 90 percent Chinese

Fun place to work

Everyone at the store i work with is very humble. They will always help you if you need help. Everyone there work as a team. Recommended for those who like to cleaning since you neat to make sure the books and stationary always neat and clean

Great place to learn start up on retail industry

It involves long working hours, standing a lot, but I’m actually having fun on displayed products, attended enquiry. Try not to involve in gossiping on workplace, try to set boundaries between personal and professionalism. Respect people’s lifestyle and focus more their performance to execute their roles.

Fun and teamwork

There are always flexible times for prayers and off day. I would recommend if you love a slow pace job. The job are not hard. It's just enough to fill your day.

A nice place for fresh grads

Nice place to work at after graduating SPM, you get to learn retailing skills and also get to meet a lot of new people. I was working in the Chinese department and I got to do a lot of things like processing stocks, labelling price tags etc.

Pros

Public Holiday pay

Cons

Long working hours

Very bad at rewarding employees

Never got a praise from upper management when we do good job but when we do wrong they surely got very angry. It varies by our managers at outlet but overall all manager also very pressured and stress

Toxic workplace and racist management

Toxic workplace with racist outlet head, minimize worker's benefit based on races. Deduction of salary during MCO period, work for more than 8hrs with no OT.

Can learn more thing

Friendly coworkers and supervisor. Learn about the knowledge of cashier and how to arrange stock for department. Need to do housekeeping also. Work on shift.

Great place to learn new things

Great place to work and to learn the A-Z of retail/bookstore management. Colleagues are friendly and managers are helpful. Challenges are when facing with difficult customers and time management for stock handling. I work during pkp season so maybe the duty are not very heavy. The most enjoyable part of the job is that managers are very friendly, helpful, help you to learn from basics and taking a great care of you.

Pros

friendly manager

Cons

didn't get much benefit for part time worker

Fun workplace

It's a nice work place for fresh grade and starter. But not suitable for long term as they hardly offer increment (might be because now I'm working during pandemic covid19)

Pros

Stress free environment, weekday offfay

Cons

No praying time provide

Fun workplace with great colleagues.

I've learned how to engage with customers, how to use the computer at the cashier, how to deal with the cash and how to make online debit/credit payment. I've learned about cash float and how to do closing at your counter station every day. Other colleagues are very helpful with a very nice supervisor.

learn many things

learn a lot things such as customer service, operation of a book store. A good multi task learning. Good listener to customer. Good team work and working culture

Work culture are ok but management not so good and not too professional

For beginner or fresh graduate to learn and get experience is ok but not for long term. The working hour i can say 70% work life 30%. For muslim I not recommend as their working hours make you quite difficult to go for pray especially on Friday. For me based on my experience their management from the HQ to outlets are not professional and not too good in handle staffs problem and customer problems. This become obvious when MCO when a lot seeing they take advantage from their staffs and nonsense rules and double standard.

Good place to learn,but work life balance so bad.Manager missing haha

At first is a good place to learn about retailer even u start with retail assist job u will learn until manager level.(Good to gain experience) Somehow everything u do but get nothing.No future careers the highest only until executive level if u lucky. Many fake face do nothing but boss appraise and they get promoted hahaha so funny. Notice many support team but do nothing waste company money maybe should spy them..

Pros

Executive level can Claim eyerwear or dental RM 250, got panel doc buy only specific sickness cover

Cons

No life balance, no future, many old support team but do nothing

Hectic life.

Hectic life. Increment below than rm100 every single year. Overload work. Bonus keep on decreasing. Too much on event and the same person will go the the events and at the same time, nedd handling outlet task. Long hours.

Pros

Get free lunch when joining full period of bookfair

Cons

To hectic. Cant even to describe. I just cant see the positive side

Fun workplace

The staff are easy going they treat everyone as a family. They will teach you when you’re do wrong with your task. The culture there are so fun with the staff is helpful it’s make me less stressed.

Retail Executive

Very nightmare experience here. Interview as Retail Executive as shown in their ads. But after a days interview, they call me and inform that my position is 'Retail Trainee' which I need to go my probation until 6 month then my position will be change to Retail Executive. How can I have more than 1 year experience but my position is Retail Trainee? I also get paid with low salary and not worth with the taskngiven.Some friend already work more than 6 month but still become "Retail Trainee" position. The job scope for Retail Executive is just same like you are Retail Assistan. Thhink twice before you work here or you just waste your time to build your dream career here.

Pros

Can choose outlet

Cons

Long hour working, Job scope is not like other Retail Executive supposely should do, Too many cons to list

fun workplace

very good and nice environment and have very nice staff. Good for student who want to do internship because can gain many experience. Popular have vast of knowledge about retailing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd in popular locations

• Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?