Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd

Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd Employee Reviews

very good and nice environment and have very nice staff. Good for student who want to do internship because can gain many experience. Popular have vast of knowledge about retailing.
Very nightmare experience here. Interview as Retail Executive as shown in their ads. But after a days interview, they call me and inform that my position is 'Retail Trainee' which I need to go my probation until 6 month then my position will be change to Retail Executive. How can I have more than 1 year experience but my position is Retail Trainee? I also get paid with low salary and not worth with the taskngiven.Some friend already work more than 6 month but still become "Retail Trainee" position. The job scope for Retail Executive is just same like you are Retail Assistan. Thhink twice before you work here or you just waste your time to build your dream career here.
Pros
Can choose outlet
Cons
Long hour working, Job scope is not like other Retail Executive supposely should do, Too many cons to list
Family workplace culture Customer engagement Display of promotion, books on shelf Handling ordering and book return process Analysis the current market needs and interest
Learn how to face customers with patient and also solve the problems. Job given must be on time to settle it. Prepare the document for stock in and out.
Learn how to communicate with customers and nice, good places to gain new experiences. Besides, it also helps with my soft skills part like communication skills, problem-solving and how to work at a fast pace when many customers in the queue. Through this job also teach me to be responsible for customers' payments.
Suitable for those who love books and want to learn about sales and inventory management. The working environment is competitive,professional and pay important in worker's welfare
Can improve self confident while talking to others. Know how to manage of the whole operation in popular. Good management and have many benefits. Can learn how to manage stressfull situation and handle customer problem. As a supervisor i have to manage my monthly budget effectively and manage my staff to make sales.
It is a bit stressful as they are not enough man-power in each department during the shift. The management also need to relocate the staff in each department.
the people i worked with were not biased in any manner. they were friendly and helpful. it is a good place for working if it is your first time taking a job.
I do part time during my semester break. The hardes part when i have to faces customer. I also learn to attend people. I also know how to check stock.
I learnt the way to arranging merchandise, replying email, filing the promotion listings, setting promotion display, stock take and so on. the management is quite good. the overall workplace culture is good yet the tasks in Chinese department is too overload and stressful for the newbie. the hardest part of the job is sometimes met and dealt with the different kind of customers. the most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers smile and look enjoy after they visit the outlet.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Suitable for student who wants to try out for part time job. i think it is better for people work for full time as the salary will be greater than part time. As for full time they will have a basic and overtime compensation, but people who work for part time will only count for 5 ringgit per hour, no compensation for overtime working.
Pros
Books discount for staff.
Work started at 9 and the first thing to do is to arrange books. What I learned is how to handle pressure when facing customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer compliment me.
Same as others, have 3 Shift (1 Morning, 2 After and 2 Full) and 2 Off days. Had to learnt on how to make price tag, learnt to use SAP system and key in data, made documents and report, received stocks, checked stocks, handle supplier, learnt on where and how to display the items, learnt to work in a team and also managed own department. The management just okay. The hardest part actually they didn't gave much training to be a retail trainee, must have have a tough body to work a heavy job such as lifting the big and heavy boxes (around 15-30 kg). In Stationery department, there actually a lot of small items that need to be pricing and a lot of that small items might need to change the price. The work environment (new outlet) with some good coworkers (they willing to teach) made the work enjoyable.
Pros
Aircond workplace, Ot
I usually attend the office and start my work at 8.30 a.m. even through my working hour start at 9.00 a.m., I will complete the important task first or the task will going to deadline, then complete the easy task. I had learned from my previous company is the time management, I have to follow the schedule to ensure I will complete the task and submit to my superior on time.
Pros
Company bus service, Variable allowance, staff purchase discount and etc.
Cons
No comment
Great working experience, enjoyable working environment and friendly staffs to work with. A lot of things can be learned like promotion setting-ups, up to date famous novels, authors and more.
Pros
2 off days in a week
Cons
longest working hours
Typical day as a cashier. I learned how to use cashless machine. Management is a bit strict but still okay. Culture is always being punctual. Hardest part is store is very busy on weekends, long queue at the cashiers. The salary is satisfying.
Pros
One hour break, can excuse to solat.
Cons
Too busy during weekends
been working there as cashier and sometimes helping others when no people around. there's book everywhere and lot we can know by surround with knowledge.
It was an interesting experience to be a part of this company. The good working environment with helpful management. I was able to learn a lot about the job and customer services.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
No prayer facility
A lot of things I learned from the jobs and good experience. They really welcome new workers and colleagues are helpful and friendly can communicate depending on our situation.
The day starts off with a quick briefing about our goals for the week during Mondays. The manager is very careful in preparing our working schedule. The staff helps each other and cares a lot.