PwC Employee Reviews

Showing all 7,872 reviews
Training is given at the start so even with no experience, you can feel more assured before going to client's office. Plenty of friendly people. Need to work hard as you are expected to have exhausted all resources before going to the senior/manager for help.
Pros
Claimable expenses for transport
Cons
Hectic hours depending on department
Good working environment and management overall. Not the best work security but work with employees was pleasant generally and rewarding. Vacation and time off for holidays was extraordinary.
As a Transfer Pricing Consultant, I assist clients in the transfer pricing and other tax-related issues.I spend half my workday doing benchmarking analyses and preparing transfer pricing reports, a.k.a. technical work. The other half of the day is spent on meetings, communication with clients, and discussion with other teammates.The management cares about employees and makes sure we learn as much as we could. However, the pay for entry-level employees is pretty low. The working culture seems to neglect work-life balance and honor overworking, which is not a good thing. The office is pretty international – most of my teammates already had abroad experiences.To me, the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers because I have never been sociable. Although I can manage to have a smooth conversation with my clients, doing so too much drains my stamina.The most enjoyable part of the job is the technology project. You get to be exposed to the most cutting edge technology tools on the market and you get to do something impactful with it.
Pros
Good working environment, job security, advancement opportunities
Cons
Long working hours, low pay for entry-level employees
PwC is a great place to start your career, grow and learn. I was exposed to so many clients and accounting matters and was given opportunity to advance quickly.
12-16 hour days, lack of communication/direction from management which lead to no understanding of overall goals/direction of the team or vertical.
Pros
remote work is great
Cons
extremely demanding and no worklife balance, way to many social justice warriors
There will be a lot of learning, and a lot of late nights. The one thing that made me enjoy my time at PwC was that you had no choice but to progress.
My review is great place to learn and work and excellent environment ,lots of resources to learn and good collaboration among many teams which makes a person as a good team player
Pros
It's one among the big 5 consulting
Cons
You will be among many performers so it takes time to reach the pinnacle
La experiencia fue tanto enriquecedora como positiva cuanto menos.
Work culture and teaming are excellent Work days vary depending on the assignment Hardest part is work/life balance Learned as much as I could; no limit
The level of maturity of some junior staff is in bad taste and not friendly enough, sometimes hostile toward temporal and contract staff. Most of them look too relaxed at the office and often engaged in video games
Pros
I like pwc and would love to work there again for the level if professionalism
Cons
Level of responsiveness and delays in remuneration should be improved
Great company to work for, from South Africa to Australia, work life balance is amazing and they empower women to make a difference. Also learning and teaching new ways of working. Very diverse culture
Pros
Learning and gaining experience
Management is not people oriented, Sometime it feels like a family business. No Protocol/process for appraisal, No-one follows metrics for fair evaluation. Its all upto your Manager's perception about you. Even if you have facts and figures to prove your point, you Manager is the final authority, you can not challenge that. Specially if you are part of Internal Functions like IT, HR, Quality Accounts Etc. in Fact Business/Project is not so different either.To conclude, Good If you are Slow paced, wants to settle down and have no plans for high speed career growth.
Pros
Chilled life, No Pressure, Employees welfare
Cons
unfair appraisals/promotions, Not so competitive salary, Slow Career Growth
It is fun working here to be honest. The only bad thing about this company is their weak management system. I do guarantee that I have a good work and life balance here.
Pros
Provides strong foundation for young professionals and let them grow independently
Cons
Weak management system and lack of communication between groups or departments
You are a number and nothing more. The company breeds narcissism and relies on the buy in of sheep who are happy working for less than an effective minimum wage as long they keep hearing that they are the best and the brightest. Get the name on your resume and then get out. If you stay past manager you will be grossly underpaid compared to your peers who left.
I worked with PwC Global Information team during a Change Transformation and Transition Project. Global Information Leadership team is full of great leaders and managers who encourage, support everyone to succeed in their role. It was a steep learning curve encompassing daily tasks as per the job description and way beyond with the ongoing team changes, multiple resignations, recruitment, interviews to taking/providing hand overs to securely managing global client data during business operating systems changes, an office move, multiple projects requiring fast and accurate decisions during multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines. Challenging yet fast paced leaning environment requiring successfully fire fighting with global virtual and on site team members to deliver the required results. I loved every minute of working with PwC. It was my grand father's dream for me to join one of the Big4, and after working with PwC In-House teams, I have a new founded respect for all of their past, present and future team member's hard work in supporting clients successfully regardless of internal or external obstacles. Great Team members, Fantastic work ethics, 100% job satisfaction, supportive management and certainly an Employer of Choice. I would not think twice to re-join PwC if or when an opportunity comes along.
Pros
Free fruits and hot, cold drinks
Cons
Long hours during projects/period end reporting etc.
Stærk performancekultur på godt godt og ondt. Der forventes høj fleksibilitet fra medarbejderne, men det går aldrig begge veje. Der er ikke fokus på bæredygtig ledelse og en kultur baseret på kontrol fremfor tillid. Desuden en gammeldags hierarkisk kultur.
Pros
Klare avanceringstrin
Cons
Dårlig ledelse
I worked at PwC for roughly three years prior to being screwed over when simply asking questions about potentially needing to take some unpaid medical leave. They forced me out and then looked for ways to get rid of me. In their termination letter, they blatantly lied about their reason for termination AND I HAVE PROOF.On top of that, promotions are rare and nearly impossible to earn even though it's not exactly a hierarchical system. Promotions can be given without any duties shifting or needing people to manage. Management, evaluation after evaluation, downplayed my accomplishments and raises didn't even keep up with inflation.
Pros
Cafeteria is good.
Cons
Work life balance is non-existent if you want to succeed.
Good place to start your career. High stress environment but compensated well and learned a lot. Culture is fast paced, but that is to be expected. Weight of the name seems to carry value when applying for jobs.
The people and personal development / growth made working at this company great. Working with people who are all driven to succeed and who you can connect with in and outside of work. Also the company put you in an environment to grow and succeed with trainings and mentor ship programs. The bad was the politics of the company and management at times played favorites depending on the person. Another bad was during certain times of year non existent work/life balance.
i enjoy the work but it is only really for people that enjoy the type of work that is done. people are young, energetic and motivated. there are lots of collaboration and coaching.
I started my professional career at PWC, I learned to much from my fellow colleagues and managers. They made me proof to myself that o can do anything I sent my mind to.
  1. Employee Reviews