PwC Employee Reviews in Jamaica, IA

I was a staff accountant at PWC. It was a great job which I enjoyed. Great staff and management who were always supportive. The work enviromnent was superb and the was continual room for personal growth and development.
Pros
Great work environment; room for growth;
Cons
Promotion is based on passing exams
Pwc is a well know an auditing firm in Jamaica. They also are the registar for company's of thw stock market. However they Lack of communication. Between the workers and the management
A typical day at work involved completing audit schedules and in some cases preparing financial statements. I learned how to audit various components of the financial statements, analyze financial statements and to write points for management letters. Management staff was extremely unprofessional and entertained grudges and hear-say. Most of my co-workers were hostile. This hostility grew because I was able to do certain things like straightening my teeth and buying a house before they did. I suppose they wanted to determine my priorities. Some were hostile even because of the way I speak. Some were hostile to the extent that they indicated that my work was not good even before I started working. This was my first job so I knew it was malicious. The partners, especially my counseling partner did not investigate the matter as an auditor with investigative skills to ensure that the environment was improved. The hardest part of the job was working in a hostile environment. In fact, most of the audits that I went on were poorly planned and the managers and seniors on the job did not appear to understand the clients business. As a result of that say it as an advantage to understand the client's business and how the audit could be improved. It was very embarrassing at times when I did not have the background information on the clients system because the planning etc. was not properly performed. In fact, some staff members were given the task so that they could have the necessary hours to obtain a bonus at the end of the year. This was my theory. It might not be the - more...
Pros
Great outings
Cons
Poor personnel management function, poor appraisal system, salary increases not based on competence